Premium Or Supermarket?

I reckon a premium brand is probably better. It contains more animal protein, but is this good for dogs?

I feed my ferret premo cat foods because she needs that high quality animal protein.

But, say, is Purina and Supercoat good for your dogs?

I want to feed a natural as possible diet- meat and veggies and grains. And have the dry food as a backup.

There are supermarket foods, premium brands and then super premium which include Nutro Natural Choice and Royal Canin.

Suggest when choosing a food that you look at the ingredients and guaranteed analysis

Thanks,

I'll choose Royal Canin.

I feed my ferret everything available in Hobart, Tasmania:

Eukanuba kitten

Science Diet kitten

Purina kitten (40%animal protein)

and Holistic Select ferret

I have always fed my kids on super premium brands, like Nutro, royal canin etc. They did 'ok' on them. However they didnt all like them. And wouldnt eat the kibble. Just for something 'quick' I bought a bag of Pedigree meaty bites for little dogs. And they ALL love it, their stools are consistently good, and they are all healthy and have shiny coats. Now, thats what they get :)

We used to feed our dogs Pedigree Pal dry food and also Chum dry food, the dogs really didn't like it, always turned their noses up at it. So we tried them with Bonnie, they were alright with that for a while and then we thought we'd give Cobber dry food a go, all the dogs love it and unlike Pal and Chum, it is free from artificial colours and flavours :) Our dogs also get a plentiful supply of raw beef and lamb. :confused:

Guest Robatife BCs

I have tried most premium brands in attempts to get my dogs to actually "eat them!" lol, they are very fussy. I have given up and now they get Nutrience Holistic because it is easy to source and well priced compared to most other brands that I dont consider as good.

Supermarket food like Pal and Chum are full of wheat, cereal and other fillers like corn. They use crappy meats and cheap ingredients. You get what you pay for, and even though dogs may prefer the taste, you wouldnt let your kids eat Mc Donalds everyday.

When I worked in a kennel I found the most feral things in Pal, a spiders nest, whole chicken feet and beaks....no thanks!

I feed my dogs super premium food and would never feed the supermarket stuff, im a big beliver in you get what you pay for. My kids get Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance, Ziwi Peak, Royal Canin and sometimes Eagle Pack if i can get it.

The best food for your dog is what your dogs does on.

In saying that, i feed super premium foods to my guys

Nutro, Nutrience and Ziwipeak.

I look at it that i would not feed human kids maccas for every meal every day, so i will not do the same to my fur kids.

Guest Robatife BCs

I buy the 7.5kg Nutrience for about $60. Stays fresher if I buy this amount instead of the 15kg, and i dont always have the spare $80 odd when im completely out of food, works for me.

I buy the 7.5kg Nutrience for about $60. Stays fresher if I buy this amount instead of the 15kg, and i dont always have the spare $80 odd when im completely out of food, works for me.

How long does it last and how many dogs does it feed?weights of dogs?