Supplements To Diet - Glucosomine, Vitamins Etc

Katdogs

Just to make sure I've got all bases covered, is there a single good supplement to add to the mix of barf patties, chicken frames/necks, turkey necks, vegies, fish and eggs that I feed? I'm mainly worried about glucosomine for Stevie's joints, and other general vitamins and minerals supplement.

Do they come in powders rather than capsules?

Are you making BARF yourself or purchasing BARF patties ?

BARF patties should have the required suplements already added, which you can add jointguard to.

If you are making BARF yourself you will need to add supplements such as kelp, fish oil, flaxseed etc but you will have to research this and work out what doses of what your dogs will need depending on weight and how many times per week.

BARF patties should have the required suplements already added, which you can add jointguard to.

If you are making BARF yourself you will need to add supplements such as kelp, fish oil, flaxseed etc but you will have to research this and work out what doses of what your dogs will need depending on weight and how many times per week.

I don't buy the pre made patties because I heard they contain grains and I don't feed grains to my dogs. I spoke with Dr Billinghurst many years ago when I first started feeding BARF and took his advice re supplements. Have also added a few of my own.

I don't buy the pre made patties because I heard they contain grains and I don't feed grains to my dogs. I spoke with Dr Billinghurst many years ago when I first started feeding BARF and took his advice re supplements. Have also added a few of my own.

I bought the pre made patties (when I could - they are banned in Tas) and they definitely don't contain grains. They are as per the Dr B books - ground bone, offal, veg, fruit & supplements.

I bought the pre made patties (when I could - they are banned in Tas) and they definitely don't contain grains. They are as per the Dr B books - ground bone, offal, veg, fruit & supplements.

Wow,whats in them to get them banned??

Wow,whats in them to get them banned??

Offal. Tas is the only state in Aus that bans you from feeding offal to your dogs... :rofl:

A distributor managed to get a pallet load of Barf patties in - but then when she wanted to order the second pallet the Tas authorities put a stop to it. Apparently they don't understand that the risk of hydatidis is nil once the offal has been frozen at a certain temperature for a few days.