A Bit Nervous

Frieda

I am getting a tad nervous, butterflies in stomach maybe excited too. First day today with obedience training with Ceejay and Izzy. I have done it before about 7 years ago and enjoyed it but I couldn't do trials etc with X breed, I still can't because the coolies are not recognised only in sport. So after this course will be the agility training.

But I cannot believe how nervous and excited I am. I have the treat bag ready and the leads and gear all laid out, just have to pack the crate. And it is on at 5.30pm a good 4 hours away :confused: I am so looking forward to this.

Just wanted to share. :(

Edited by Frieda

:confused: I love training, its heaps of fun.

Why cant Coolies compete in obedience trials ? There are heaps of x breeds doing obedience trials here in vic, even some with OC titles etc. They are just registered with the VCA as an associate.

Coolies can compete in QLD.

If they are desexed on the Associate register.

If they are entire and registered with another registry they are eligible for the Sporting register.

The old days of Qld people with cross breeds not being able to compete is over.

Edited by wylie

Oh good luck Freida, have a WONDERFUL time this afternoon :confused: Coolies can compete in Ob. I have friend with a lovely little Coolie just got her CCD. I love to see them all out there, purebreeds and xbreeds alike in Obedience. But Agility great fun too!

Coolies can compete in QLD.

If they are desexed on the Associate register.

If they are entire and registered with another registry they are eligible for the Sporting register.

The old days of Qld people with cross breeds not being able to compete is over.

OMG thank you thank you. I didn't realise this :confused: you have just made my day. Both girls are desexed, so I will ask the lady at obedience about this and how I go about it all (total novice). Oh brilliant I am doing a happy dance.

Good luck with your training! I started with my Aussie Shepherd pup a few months ago and we went from puppies class up to beginners when he was 6 months old. Yesterday we gained our first pass card and have now graduated to class one. I was SO excited and so proud of my boy. This is the first time I've ever formally trained a dog and it is very, very rewarding.

Not only do I enjoy the training, but Benson just loves it. He gets really excited when he knows we're driving to the grounds cos he gets to see all his mates.

I hope you have loads of fun and I'll look forward to hearing about it, so please come back and post your thoughts on it.

Okay the first day went well. Because I have two dogs another handler took Ceejay. Apparantly Ceejay was giving her problems (surprise surpise) kept looking for me, wouldn't take treats etc at first but soon settled down. The big suprise was Izzy I had her, she is a natural, took to the heel like duck to water.

Did our first training session this morning, Ceejay responds well with me and Izzy absolutely loves it (I think it is the treats myself).

Thanks for all the well wishes and the advice regarding the registering on the Associate register, which I will be doing. I really forgot how much I enjoyed doing this. Even though Zorro my last boy could not compete I did demonstrations etc with him.

Thanks again.

Okay the first day went well. Because I have two dogs another handler took Ceejay. Apparantly Ceejay was giving her problems (surprise surpise) kept looking for me, wouldn't take treats etc at first but soon settled down. The big suprise was Izzy I had her, she is a natural, took to the heel like duck to water.

Did our first training session this morning, Ceejay responds well with me and Izzy absolutely loves it (I think it is the treats myself).

Thanks for all the well wishes and the advice regarding the registering on the Associate register, which I will be doing. I really forgot how much I enjoyed doing this. Even though Zorro my last boy could not compete I did demonstrations etc with him.

Thanks again.

Aww :rofl: So nice to hear you had a good time

I have an Associate dog on the register.. The best part is picking their name!

Congrats on your great start. I am about to start trialling my Koolie in the new year. If you go to http://www.australian-koolies.info/documents.html you will be able to soon get the form to join the sporting reg for the CCCQ or you can contact the CCCQ and get the form from them. All the info you need will be on that site. Good Luck, Koolie's are a breeze to train and great at most dog sports too!!!!!!