Not So Forceful Force Dryer

Lowenhart

Ok, well I have decided I should get another dryer to deal with the fact I have a few more dogs in coat.

I am looking for something to blow the water out of the coat but not the dog off the table. I don't need super-duper power and I don't want to spend more than $400.

I was looking at the Liberty Ultraforce, but I have a bad history with Liberty dryers - the stand ones tend to spurt flames out the back in my presence :rolleyes: (this has happened to at least 3 different dryers!) so am a bit reluctant to buy one in case it decides it too would like to catch fire.

I really only have worked with stand dryers previously and I have 3 x Simpson Supjets that I love, so I really need some advice. The limited times I used force dryers I didn't notice the brand. The dryer would need to run about 6 hours a week so it's not a heavy duty situation.

Anyone know a good, not so forceful force dryer that will fit my budget?

After reading many many posts and asking my own questions on DOL I have just ordered a Double K Airmax, I can't speak from experience as it hasn't turned up just yet, but it seemed this brand was what most people suggested for a mid range price (I paid $435 for mine). It has two motors so you can have the best of both worlds apparently. If you do a search you can have a read of everyone's opinions - there are lots of threads on this.

I love my little EzyCoat barrel dryer/blower. I use it for all my pet grooming. If you need high pressure there are attachments. It heats the air about 14 degrees above room temp.

It's good for standard poodles in pet trim?

All your dogs look beautifully groomed in photos.

How do you use it to fluff dry?

I'm open to any ideas as I've not had a dryer b4. The standard and mini are rarely longer than #3 body with scissored legs.

I'm guessing anything is better than an airdry :vomit: .

A dryer would be great for winter when their coat's aren't so short (#5 in summer) and we get wet weather.

Ok, well I have decided I should get another dryer to deal with the fact I have a few more dogs in coat.

I am looking for something to blow the water out of the coat but not the dog off the table. I don't need super-duper power and I don't want to spend more than $400.

I was looking at the Liberty Ultraforce, but I have a bad history with Liberty dryers - the stand ones tend to spurt flames out the back in my presence :rolleyes: (this has happened to at least 3 different dryers!) so am a bit reluctant to buy one in case it decides it too would like to catch fire.

I really only have worked with stand dryers previously and I have 3 x Simpson Supjets that I love, so I really need some advice. The limited times I used force dryers I didn't notice the brand. The dryer would need to run about 6 hours a week so it's not a heavy duty situation.

Anyone know a good, not so forceful force dryer that will fit my budget?

I have never heard anything bad about the Liberty ones. I have a twin motor that just about blows the dogs off the table, as you put it. I used it very heavy for the first yr then I got a heated twin motor from the Melbourne Dog Center, but that was well over $1000. I use this almost everyday and love it. It turns right down to do pups and nervy dogs.

I have a friend who has a Liberty heated stand drier and she has had no probs at all in 4 yrs of almost daily use.

The flames spurting out the back would be very woring. Have you called Liberty and if so what was their solution. This is not good and I wouldn't be happy with that at all.

After reading many many posts and asking my own questions on DOL I have just ordered a Double K Airmax, I can't speak from experience as it hasn't turned up just yet, but it seemed this brand was what most people suggested for a mid range price (I paid $435 for mine). It has two motors so you can have the best of both worlds apparently. If you do a search you can have a read of everyone's opinions - there are lots of threads on this.

I've got this one too, so far so good. I only use it for about 1.5hrs a week. Becasue I live in area that gets pretty cold (it snows here) and it doesn't have a heating element, I was almost going to buy another one that heats up a little more, otherwise we'd be drying for hours. I spoke with the lady where I bought it, who suggested just buy a cheap fan heater and put it behind the dryer. Got one for $40 at Bunnings. Worked a treat. Just the right temp, not too hot or cold. I only do this on a cold day.

I have a little chuckle to myself when I think back to me drying an Afghan with my own hair dryer. If I did that now, by the time he was dry, it would be time for another bath. :rolleyes:

The ezycoat barrel and oldfield barrel are both powerful and good value for money. I have a Liberty double hose and have never had a problem. A stand dryer is very nice when you are drying long show coats that need brushing.