Teething Puppy

marcos

Hi,

I have a 4 month old puppy that I believe may be teething.

I have noticed over the last few days blood around his gums.

Is there anything I should be doing to help this?

Thanks in advance :(

marcos

Hi, me again....

I just searched through the forum and realised there was a post similar to mine.

Sorry about that.

Edited by marcos

Hi :(

to make sure it is teething and not an injury..just check , by lifting up his lips to expose the side gums. if you notic a few gaps, and some teeth coming thru, you're right..he's teething!

..make sure he has nice things to chew...like chicken wings if he's little..or maybe turkey wings or brisket bones.

Some people use frozen bones!

if he has a kong, fill it with nic things, and block the hole with something. pour in some chicken stock(or just water).. and freeze.

This will keep him occupied, and the cold will help his discomfort if he has any :(

My pup is teething at the moment aswell, at first when i saw the inflammed and red gum i was concerned. The next day i realised that it was just her new teeth coming through and the red gum had completely cleared up. I've just got plenty of stuff to chew on, soft to medium stuff...not for me :eek: , she doesn't have any problems, i check her teeth once a day, she seems fine. I really haven't changed anything, she seems to be coping really well, once she seems uncomfortable then i'll start to do something about it.