Mixing Raw With Dry

Joypod

Hi All,

I'm on a French Bulldog forum and was advised there not to feed Gus Barf patties with his kibble. He's currently on cooked chicken mince and Royal Canin but I'd like to start moving him onto Barf. I like to keep giving him a small amount of Royal Canin each day too.

Apparently raw and dry foods are digested differently so shouldn't be served at the same time.... or something like that?

Can anyone shed any light on this for me please?

Thanks

Vicki

Hi All,

I'm on a French Bulldog forum and was advised there not to feed Gus Barf patties with his kibble. He's currently on cooked chicken mince and Royal Canin but I'd like to start moving him onto Barf. I like to keep giving him a small amount of Royal Canin each day too.

Apparently raw and dry foods are digested differently so shouldn't be served at the same time.... or something like that?

Can anyone shed any light on this for me please?

Thanks

Vicki

Do a search as it was discussed before.

From what I remember :cry: raw is digested much faster than dry, so if fed together it can give a tummy upset and/or constipation.

Thanks all. He doesn't like his dry food by itself so I might try him on some Barf pattie with dry and see how he goes.

The breeder had him on raw chicken and dry so it may well be that some dogs tollerate it better than others. :shrug:

I've fed raw and dry together as well...and no issues here either!

As to the one being digested quicker then the other...i'd expect that meat would digest faster then bone...yet they come together and are fed together...so... :laugh: :laugh:

I've fed raw and dry together as well...and no issues here either!

As to the one being digested quicker then the other...i'd expect that meat would digest faster then bone...yet they come together and are fed together...so... :o:laugh:

:laugh::rofl:

I generally feed dry in the morning, and then barf patties in the evening. sometimes i put some dry food with the patties in the evening but have had no problems with this. I mean we eat meat and veges and carbs and fried food and boiled food and things like sushi and oysters (which are raw) all in the one meal and we have no problems.