Perfect Recall Training Using Ecollar

OMG this is just so funny. I wanna turn my dogs high pitched squealing off too :laugh: Im almost POSITIVE with her, a LIGHTNING BOLT wouldnt stop her with cats/rabbits/possums. Even if i threw a bbq chicken infront of her.

You'd be surprised at how little stimulation you need to turn off the squealing. Take less than ten percent of full power. I didn't believe it would work but it did :cheer:

K9 Force could sort out a program to fix the cat problem with one of these.

eta---interesting spelling

Edited by BellasPerson

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey BP, I jumped on last night and read your last few updates - way to go :love: :D

You're going great guns, I'd better get my skates on :party: hehehe!!

I've handed Norman & his remote (it's like a package deal LOL) to my other half out on walks now. It's so lovely to see him walking along without hauling at the end of his lead. Sit's when he's told and looks up at Mark as though to say "did I do it right Dad?!" :)

Last night he was distracted by a BAT flying out of a tree!!! Got to the end of his lead and Mark recalled him straight back to his side and into sit. I was so proud... of them both! :cheer:

K9: generally spending a few hours in a lesson, getting hold of my e collar manual will see most get these type of results, a disclaimer though... BP & Meriment have worked very hard, they are making my programs shine...

Thanks for the kind words Steve. I should have posted at the beginning that I am an overachiever and don't expect to get the same results. :love:

I've handed Norman & his remote (it's like a package deal LOL) to my other half out on walks now. It's so lovely to see him walking along without hauling at the end of his lead. Sit's when he's told and looks up at Mark as though to say "did I do it right Dad?!" :)

Last night he was distracted by a BAT flying out of a tree!!! Got to the end of his lead and Mark recalled him straight back to his side and into sit. I was so proud... of them both! :cheer:

Excellent work merriment :love: . No mean feat to train your oh and your dogs at the same time :D

Excellent work merriment :love: . No mean feat to train your oh and your dogs at the same time :)

No kidding :party:

I spend most of the walk watching them both (which says a lot for how the girls are going on a walk together!!). I can tell when he's switched off and not paying attention to the dog. So can the dog :D

**clap clap** are we paying attention?!?! :cheer:

I cannot help myself, what other behaviour, besides recall are you working on?

That's a secret LL :laugh: . I have very good neighbours who love my dogs but one person who walks past and reports me for dogs barking and squealing - unsigned note and report to council.

My problems I am fixing:

1. My goal was to get my dogs to be able to go offlead in their high distraction areas - birds, possums, birds - etc. - This is now nearly there. Working on proofing now.

2. I couldn't recall them in less than 15 mins at home if they were running crazily around the backyard chasing birds or possums - this is also now fixed.

3. Bella was barking at a few passing people and dogs that she didn't like. I now have her down to a single bark 99% of the time and most of that was already done before my ecollar arrived.

I'm working on recall, sit at a distance and send away on the ecollar. Have also been changing my consistency from my normal 80% to 98% to assist with my program.

Does that answer your question LL?

I cannot help myself, what other behaviour, besides recall are you working on?

I might as well answer your question as well :laugh:

• Recall
  • Sit
  • Drop
  • SAAD/DAAD
  • Place (mat) training/send away
  • Loose leash walking

This all ties in with my pack structure program to control the aggression issue between my 2 bitches.

For my male, who has no aggression issues, it's more basic obedience - reliable recall and loose leash walking, but he needs to obey the rules around the house & yard too!

I'm also doing TOT with all 3 dogs, still separately, all off the tie-out and doing a series of sits/drops/stays etc before they're released to eat. The aim is I will eventually have all 3 on mats, all 3 bowls down, and they will each get to eat after they've been called off their mat, told to sit, the other told to drop, one back to their mat, the other called off mat and told drop/stay, etc etc.

I feel I could almost do this now with the 2 girls (what do you reckon Steve?!) but Norman's training started later, he's not at the same level as the girls just yet.

K9: just to clarify for those who dont speak K9...

SAAD is Sit at a distance

DAAD is Drop at a distance

DOTR is Drop on the run.

M: I'm also doing TOT with all 3 dogs, still separately, all off the tie-out and doing a series of sits/drops/stays etc before they're released to eat. The aim is I will eventually have all 3 on mats, all 3 bowls down, and they will each get to eat after they've been called off their mat, told to sit, the other told to drop, one back to their mat, the other called off mat and told drop/stay, etc etc.

I feel I could almost do this now with the 2 girls (what do you reckon Steve?!) but Norman's training started later, he's not at the same level as the girls just yet.

K9: sounds good CB...

Hey why dont you post the yo tube link of your two aggressive Jacks.... lol.. :)

K9: just to clarify for those who dont speak K9...

SAAD is Sit at a distance

DAAD is Drop at a distance

DOTR is Drop on the run.

Hey why dont you post the yo tube link of your two aggressive Jacks.... lol.. :p

Woops, sorry. "Speak K9" :)

Hmm, maybe I should post it... :(