Endurance Tests

J...

Can anyone help me with locations of where these are held?

Given most are held by breed clubs, there is no location on the VCA or vic obedience site and I obviously want to find the one that is closest!

The viszla one is being held at KCC, the East Gippy and Murray Valley are too far.

Does anyone happen to know where the Dalmatian Club and GSDCV ones are held?

feralpup i am looking at doing that one to, it is a really nice run!!!!! nice paths etc. Have you started training yet? And will you be riding or walking, I will be riding, if I tried to run that far I would die!!!!

Edited by RachelleBuck

Hi Rachelle!

Definitely be riding it, I have no hope of running 20 km :thumbsup:

It may be the one I do, just realised it that its the Saturday and the Sunday is the VCA State agility trial. Decisions decisions :thumbsup:

My dogs pretty fit anyway, we did a bit of bikework before it got hot but unfortunately my favourite tracks have been taken over by mad holiday makers and the rest are really badly maintained (I'm paranoid about snakes!) so no serious training yet.

Might see if I can find out where the Dalmatian one is held.

Good luck with your training! :thumbsup:

Used to live down that way whitka - but Sale is way too far to go these days, I'd prefer not to stay overnight if I can avoid it.

Does anyone know where the Dalmatian one is held?

Will try and find out for you :rofl:

ETA: Just sent an e-mail to the club secretary. Will let you know when I get a reply!

Edited by The Spotted Devil

feralpup that sounds great. My dogs are fit too but I wont to make sure that their obedience side of riding is just right (running right beside the bike) I had a look on the dogs victoria sight to make sure i am doing it all right, I really have to Concentrate on not correcting my dogs if they are not perfect!! (I have been warned to do all the obedience before and after the ET on lead as it is a lot eaiser!!!) LOL :laugh:

I'm thinking about doing an endurance test with my girl Lea. She has soft foot pads, so i'll have to toughen then up. The thought of me riding a bike for 20km's scares me :confused: Sounds like i'd better psych myself up to start training... btw it's me that needs the training!

Thanks TSD - I received a similar reply today.

Capanash "btw it's me that needs the training" - that statement there is the story of my dog associated life!! :eek:

I've been told that some are done on grass, which is great for the dogs but not so good for someone who isn't used to riding a bike on grass. Might be worth looking at for your dog? Good luck with your training!! :cry: