Hydrobaths

Russkie30

In the next couple of weeks, will be in a position for my own hydrobath :) anyway have been looking at the Perfect Paws and The Barf shop.

I'm more thinking on the lines of the Super Twin Tank Deluxe hydrobath from the Barf Shop, only because I can go and look before I buy etc and that they are local etc.

Just wondering if anyone has one of these from the Barf Shop and what they think

I have a brand new autofill with all the bells and whistles from Perfect Paws at my house if you'd like to come and see it (also have one of the little round ones for small dogs).

We are about 20mins west of Ipswich in a little place called Thagoona.

You (or anyone for that matter) are WELCOME to come and check it out ... in fact I would encourage it ... it's high quality workmanship plus my hubby knows all about it and can show/explain to you everything you'll need to know about the baths.

You can PM me (or email) for our address if you're interested.

Cheers

Sharen

In the next couple of weeks, will be in a position for my own hydrobath :o anyway have been looking at the Perfect Paws and The Barf shop.

I'm more thinking on the lines of the Super Twin Tank Deluxe hydrobath from the Barf Shop, only because I can go and look before I buy etc and that they are local etc.

Just wondering if anyone has one of these from the Barf Shop and what they think

I have 1 from the BARF shop and love it! No hassles with it at all. I decided on that model as a friend has had 1 for awhile now and also had no problems and highly recommended them

In the next couple of weeks, will be in a position for my own hydrobath :D anyway have been looking at the Perfect Paws and The Barf shop.

I bought the Barf Shop super twin deluxe in August and we are totally thrilled with it!!!!!

How does the plastic one stand up to the wear and tear of washing many dogs each week? Or is it best suited to just doing a few dogs?

Just a bit concerned about the plastic degrading over time - I have seen fibreglass ones still in excellent condition 25 years on, even when exposed to plenty of sunshine.

How does the plastic one stand up to the wear and tear of washing many dogs each week? Or is it best suited to just doing a few dogs?

I have three dogs. They all get put through on the weekend and then the two show dogs get done again mid week (not with shampoo though, is just a rinse after swimming). As I said I only got mine late last year, but so far no scratches or any marks

Just a bit concerned about the plastic degrading over time - I have seen fibreglass ones still in excellent condition 25 years on, even when exposed to plenty of sunshine.

The problem with the plastic hydrobath is the hygiene factor, as the minute scratches that build up and this will allow bacteria to breed in them. This would be more of an issue in a grooming salon when it is being used constantly and the risk and liability from cross infection is a concern. This is the reason why they do not make spa baths for humans from plastic: they use fibre glass for the surface durability.

Hi We have a plastic Barfs shop heated single tank.

We love our barf shop hydro bath :)

It is now 4 and half years old and no problems.

The owner told us the plastic is the same a wheelie bin plastic and will last for ever, ours has no scratches and we have big dogs (Akita's) and it gets plenty of use !

Highly Recommended :laugh:

Kind Regards

Malisa

Just querying the 4 plus grand for the Perfect Paws bath as opposed to the 2 plus grand for the Hydrobaths Australia one - anyone able to compare?

I bought my Perfect Paws one just before Xmas and it was only $2,600. It's a single tank, auto rinse, two doors, wheels (pretty much all the bells and whistles). My understanding is that Hydrobaths Australia is in liquidation (there is a thread on here somewhere about it), I would perhaps do quite a bit of research before you part with any money there. I think poodlemum is still having problems with them.

I looked at the Perfect Paws one as they came highly recommended by a DOLer. When I spoke to the gentleman there and got a price for what I wanted the price was up in the high $3k and that was without freight. I just couldn't justify that money, especially when the Barf Shop was low $2k and all that I wanted was standard.

The problem with the plastic hydrobath is the hygiene factor, as the minute scratches that build up and this will allow bacteria to breed in them. This would be more of an issue in a grooming salon when it is being used constantly and the risk and liability from cross infection is a concern. This is the reason why they do not make spa baths for humans from plastic: they use fibre glass for the surface durability.

Ok. But any good groomer disinfects their baths, blades, table etc in between every dog.

So would this still be an issue? (genuine question)

My Conmurra is pushing 8 years old, seeing as their life span is only supposed to be about 4-5yrs it's doing pretty well (looks like new). It needs a new float assembly but I'm worried about getting future parts from them (Hydrobaths Aust) if they are going out of business............ The Perfect Paws price for equivalent model is crazy! BARF shop is more realistic however inferior?????? structure.

Anyone here had both before? Or able to compare without bias...

PR - have you any probs with yours so far?

high 3k for a hydrobath :thumbsup:

Im sure I paid quite a bit less than 2k for my conmurra a few years back.

Same. And at the time they had the rep. at being the best which is why I'm confused about the price of Perfect Paws which I have only heard about on DOL. Does it squeeze anal glands too? :thumbsup:

BTW Perfect Paws one (dual tank) is $4050. I'll spend it if necessary but need to be sold on it first.

Edited by Dru

BTW Perfect Paws one (dual tank) is $4050. I'll spend it if necessary but need to be sold on it first.

Yikkeees glad I could get away with a single tank one - I don't think I could have convinced the OH to spend that much :thumbsup: It seems like a lot of $$$ difference between single and dual tanks.

Yes well certainly price is a factor, as I've told my OH that I would want to spend around the $2,000 mark and that's why i thought the BArf shop would be a good one, but I'm glad to hear peoples opinions as even for us $2K is a lot of money to spend and I want to make sure I do it right, cause I would never hear the end of it from the OH if I bought a dodgy one. I'm not a groomer, I just have to dogs one I show so its not like I have heaps of dogs to bath