Other Dogs Shitting On The Lawn

PAX

My next doors dog shits on my front lawn and it drives me nuts.

Mostly because I couldn't imagine my dogs shitting on their lawn and me thinking that was ok, as they seem too.

Also I would never let my dogs roam free to be able to do this.

It always shits between a tree in my front yard and the letter box so it is impossible to miss.

Usually I phone them and ask them to pick it up which they always oblidge, I could easily pick it up but I think the principle of it makes it hard for me to do that.

Anyway today I was shitted off and went to their door, I don't want to disrespect my neighbours and like the relationship we have but this is really driving me nuts. I make myself sick over having to ring them or tell them, but come on!

I was shocked that the husband gave me attitude, I apoligised for coming over and said how uncomfortable it makes me feel but if they are going to continually let their dog out they should check my front lawn as he always craps in the same spot. He said 'do I know it's their dog?' Well hello, it's the only loose dog in the area. This dog has also in the past bitten my son and bailed up my visitors in my own driveway, they feel it is easier to let him out then walk him.

I have never wanted to ring the Ranger as I have three dogs, you are only allowed two and my dogs do bark a bit through the day as they are very high drive and always want to to do stuff, I think I will go and see the Ranger tomorrow.

I am over it and if the worse comes to it I will move.

Rant over. :)

Can you shovel it up and give it back? I'd put it on their front doorstep so they don't miss it.

Good idea. I would not call the Ranger. Too much ill feeling in this world of ours as it is.

PAX, look on the bright side, at least you can see it................. Nothing worse than poo on footwear.

I wish i could just throw it back on their lawn but they only let him out on weekends when they are home and I don't want to be that obvious, wish I could be. :laugh: I could always save it up for when they are at work. :)

I wish i could just throw it back on their lawn but they only let him out on weekends when they are home and I don't want to be that obvious, wish I could be. :laugh: I could always save it up for when they are at work. :)

Ask them to buy a pooper scooper for you to use. Marvellous inventions I reckon.

I can sympathise - just came home to find my neighbours dog dropping one on the nature strip. Nature strip is a regular occurence which annoys me, but every now and then she comes in on the front lawn which really p*sses me off! Same thing, she's allowed to wander at will. :)

Local bloke here takes a less subtle approach to the front doorstep and dumps the "package" in their mail box, providing he has seen the offending dog in the act. :laugh: I'm told it stops the problem but probably not really good for neighbourly friendships!

Another thing that pisses me off is we have a lovely Lilipilly hedge along our boundary fence (I only have one neighbour).

They make the properties private and screen our yards nicely. They put a pool in last year and trim my lillipillys and throw them back over my fence, WTF, they make their pool private and are slow growing and have an upright habit. They would fit easily in their green waste bin, but I struggle with returning their dogs' shit, what is wrong with me?

Another thing that pisses me off is we have a lovely Lilipilly hedge along our boundary fence (I only have one neighbour).

They make the properties private and screen our yards nicely. They put a pool in last year and trim my lillipillys and throw them back over my fence, WTF, they make their pool private and are slow growing and have an upright habit. They would fit easily in their green waste bin, but I struggle with returning their dogs' shit, what is wrong with me?

The thing is that what they're doing with the trimmings is the technically correct thing - assuming that they're trimming the overhang onto their property and not into yours.

Their dog is doing the wrong thing though.

The thing is that what they're doing with the trimmings is the technically correct thing - assuming that they're trimming the overhang onto their property and not into yours.

Their dog is doing the wrong thing though.

They might be doing the right thing, but in my opinion it is the wrong neighbourly thing to do (they share the benefit of the trees), my other neighbours can't believe it, they all want to put the dog crap in the bad ones letter box. All neighbours hate this dog.

I picked up the crap from the neighbours dog (across the road) after it did it's deposit on my from door step. I am really tempted to pick the next lot up and leave it in their letterbox - but I am told that would be rude. Very inconsiderate of them to allow it ...

LL, move to NSW and we can share a property. :rofl:

I love labs, as long as you love manic working sheep dogs. :thumbsup:

NSW is a bit far from husband to drive to work near Melbourne.

Wanting to move to Nagambie or Seymour area, must have lots of dams, be on Lake Nagambie, or Goulburn ------- water water water. No doubt snakes will be a concern especially during summer. Looked at couple of properties.............my word, the close gardens, rockeries would be the first to go, around the house. Snakes eeeeeeeck.