Titre Testing

kayla1

Does anyone know of any vets in or around Melbourne (preferably SE) that do titre testing?

Any info appreciated...thanks!!

ALL Vets can do it, it is only a simple blood test, it gets sent to a Lab in Perth to be tested. Ring your Vet & if they act dumb tell them to find out which Lab it is & what the procedure is before you get there.........trouble is they will try to over quote for it, it is normal pathology, and should be no more than that!

I was searching for a vet who could do it over this side of the city and found none, majority of the nurses i spoke to had no idea what it even was.

One of my local vets quoted me about $400 for it :D

I did say it was a simple blood test that they dont actually do anything for, just draw blood and send it away pretty much, i then asked to justify the price of that and i pretty much got hung up on!

There is a vet that does know what to do (was the first in Victoria to actually do it) but for the life of me cant remember her name....hopefully someone will.

I asked Sandringham Vet Clinic and they said they would do it for me easily. They don't seem to do it regularly but knew what it was and knew about new vaccination protocols.

When I asked my local vet about it he knew nothing about it, so he looked up the pathology lab info, still nothing. So after I left, he rang the lab in Perth, got prices and shipping details and rang me at home to say that each dog could be done for $100.

ALL Vets can do it, it is only a simple blood test, it gets sent to a Lab in Perth to be tested. Ring your Vet & if they act dumb tell them to find out which Lab it is & what the procedure is before you get there.........trouble is they will try to over quote for it, it is normal pathology, and should be no more than that!

I just Googled 'laboratory parvo titre testing' for Australia and the lab in Perth came up as the first result. Easy peasy.

There is a vet that does know what to do (was the first in Victoria to actually do it) but for the life of me cant remember her name....hopefully someone will.

That's my vet, and she did the first ones for my dogs :thumbsup: I've just had them re-done for this year.

Her name is Nicole Hoskins, from Prahran Veterinary Hospital. She is a fabulous vet.

Prahran Veterinary Hospital.

682 Malvern Road Prahran Vic 3181

Tel 9510 1335

HTH