Worming - Heartworm, All Wormer, Fleas

pennyw74

Is Sentinel a small tablet or one she has to chew? I just want to make sure it goes down, that's all.

It's designed so the dogs chew it. Ziggy goes mad for his - I now make him work for it and do a change of position or similar :thumbsup:

It appears to be very effective against fleas. I was a few days late with Zig's last dose and he was suddenly itching and getting red skin on the inside of his hind legs. It cleared up once I gave him the tablet. You can get it cheaper from this website.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had Revolution recommended to me now. I might just use that with the Drontal intestinal wormer.

Revolution is good, isn't it?

Hi Pennyw74,

I find that it is trial and error with the Flea products. I used Frontline and then found that it did not work anymore. I then used Revolution for a few years and I am currently using Advantage as that is what is working for me at the moment. But unless you are finding fleas on your puppy I would just keep it in the cupboard for now.

Drontal is a good wormer, I use that on some of my lot. I used to just use the supermarket brands but found that it was not working.

When you go to the vet they may give you a puppy pack that has some sample products to try.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I ordered from pricelesspets and expected to receive my parcel today.

I checked with the eparcel tracking website and it shows as return to sender yesterday.

Now I've had to go to Petbarn and pay retail as Izzy is due to have her tablet on the 1st of the month (today).

How could they get it so wrong? I have checked my order form and I have my address correct.

Has anybody else had problems with their deliveries from these people?

I ordered from pricelesspets and expected to receive my parcel today.

I checked with the eparcel tracking website and it shows as return to sender yesterday.

Now I've had to go to Petbarn and pay retail as Izzy is due to have her tablet on the 1st of the month (today).

How could they get it so wrong? I have checked my order form and I have my address correct.

Has anybody else had problems with their deliveries from these people?

I never had problems with them. Always super fast service.

Btw I never give the wormers on the exact day. It's always + few more days. But I buy ahead of time to avoid any problems (like the one you seem to have).

Maybe you should call/email them and ask what is going on?

I have emailed them but have received no response since this morning. I have now asked for a refund.

When I ordered them, I asked them how long it would take. They said they would send them that day and according to the tracking site, everything would have been fine had it not been returned to sender and I still don't know why it has been returned, either.

Anyway, I'll wait and see what sort of response I get. For a saving of $12.60 over six months, I'm not sure it's worth the grief.

Just a bit disappointed, that's all...

I use Advocate for my dog and cat, i thought it offered good all-round protection (except for tapeworm, which my vet said wasnt a problem unless i go to farms/sheep areas), i live in the city.

Sorry to drag this up after all this time Odette but your vet is talking about hydatids tapeworm not the normal tapeworm hosted by fleas.

Dogs who are not on tapeworm protection get tapeworm by swallowing a flea. It doesn't mean your dog must be flea infested, it could be that it picks up a hitch hiker flea at the park or on a walk.

I would be treating my dog for tapeworm if I were you.

Cavandra, why Never ever use the heartworm injection?

It is a dangerous product, causing various issues, including seizures & death.

A friends Cavalier now suffers from seizures after having the yearly heartworm injection.

He was also vaccinated with C5 at the same time

I just don't understand why a vet would give an animal a vaccination when there seems to be quite a few cases of reactions. A vet is there to help and look after our animals.

Unfortunately I think some vets are also there just to take our money, they dont all have our babies best interests at heart... they know if the dog has seizures, means more money for them as you take them to the vet... and if you loose them.. more money for them to put the dog down.. and then you will get another one and the cycle starts all over again :laugh: Im afraid I dont have alot of faith in vets, I would rather trust breeders and people who have had dogs for many years like here on DOL..

I just don't understand why a vet would give an animal a vaccination when there seems to be quite a few cases of reactions. A vet is there to help and look after our animals.

Unfortunately I think some vets are also there just to take our money, they dont all have our babies best interests at heart... they know if the dog has seizures, means more money for them as you take them to the vet... and if you loose them.. more money for them to put the dog down.. and then you will get another one and the cycle starts all over again :laugh: Im afraid I dont have alot of faith in vets, I would rather trust breeders and people who have had dogs for many years like here on DOL..

Now that is very sad.

My boys get Interceptor Spectrum monthly, takes care of heartworm and all the intestinal worms. Max will eat the tablet from my hand no problem but I have to cut Judds into quarters and mix it in with his dinner. I tried putting it in whole once but he managed to pick it out!!

We don't bother with flea treatment as we've never had a flea problem, but there is a flea treatment in the shampoo used when we get them hydrobathed every few months.

I tend to get a lot of my dog stuff from Ebay as it works out a lot cheaper - the last box of Interceptor Spectrum I got (the yellow, for up to 22kgs) cost $36 for 6 tablets, pretty reasonable!!