Rc Sensible No Longer Available In 15kg

Reddii

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone might be able to help me out before I spend a whole heap of time researching formulas. Seems that RC Sensibleis no longer available in 15kg bags according to our favourite pet store.

Both my dogs are doing wonderfully well on it, but the 4kg bags are SOOOOOOO much more expensive they make me baulk at it. silly given the money we spend on the dogs any way, but it does.

Any way, does anyone have any suggestions on what foods have a similar formulation?

Cheers.

Tony

ETA - Sensible, not sensitive.

Edited by Reddii

Sensitive stomach or sensitive skin?

The other nurse at work and I both feed our cats RC and we discovered that the pet shop lines and the vet line costs are identical. :rofl:

So you might want to look at 14kg bags of Hypoallergenic or Skin Support from your Vet, depending on the problem.

Mel.

Thanks for the replies. Xena has a bit of a sensitive tummy and has done brilliantly on the RC and my boys coat has come alive at the same time so it's a bit disappointing. I'll have a look and see if I can find a vet that stocks it. If not I'll give he proplan a try.

http://www.petsonthepark.com.au/category86_1.htm

Pets on the park have it too!

Are you sure it have be discontinued or is it just that store that no longer wants to carry it?!?! :thumbsup:

They told me it has been discontinued after I placed an order. Will have to have a bit of a look around - I went to 5 stores on the weekend before finding a bag of it so didn't really question what she said.

It is possible that this is old stock on the websites too, at least there is some of it around for the time being.

Are you sure it's no longer available? - I got a 15kg bag of RC Sensible just over a week ago (BTW - my dogs all had an EXTREMELY bad reaction to it)

Yeah, well, the petwise I go to didn't have it so I ordered it in. They rang me yesterday to tell me that it had been discontinued by the manufacturer. Seems they might have been telling porkies.

Isn't it funny how different dogs have different reactions. Both my look great and my girl's stomach has settled right down.

WOW!!!!!! Just got a phone call from Michelle at RC who had done all the homework before she rang!!! (Where do I find account managers like that!?)

She had spoken to the pet shop concerned and it turns out that RC have NOT discontinued the line, but the store had decided not to stock it any longer and the shop person there had decided to tell me it had been discontinued.

What she also mentioned that as a member of the CCQ I can get fantastic discounts on their product. with this product $122 is the rrp for 15kg. through their 'breeder program' (only have to be a member of a CC, not a breeder) it is $102 for 20kg. Worth the price of admission on it's own.

Thanks all for your feedback.

T

Have you checked out Pet Cafe? The one at Greenslopes had a pretty good range of food last time I was there. Otherwise we have a new PetStock in town that has plenty of RC too

Greenslopes is where I got my bag from - was in the old packaging, which is partly why I believed the discontinued story.

Pet Stock don't have the Sensible in the 15kg bag. Was there on the weekend. Pretty cool store though.