Entry Forms For Obedience

Kowai

Hey guys I'm looking at entering some obedience trials this year but I can't seem to find the entry forms on the VCA website? I've been told they're there to download but cannot find the right section..

Can anyone link me to them?

It's probably this, you've been suggested to use. Even though you don't need to know all the show stuff for obedience, it can't hurt to put it on (Unknown for AR dogs parents I guess). :thumbsup:

That's the right link!

Just put "Unknown" for parents and "N/A" for parents registered #.

I scanned mine (but after I filled out all Indi's details 'cos I couldn't be stuffed filling in a new one each time!!)

Kowai I think the werribee club sells the entry form booklets.

Honestly it took me ages to find the right form to apply for a title on that website, I only found it through just clicking on things at random in the end.

In NSW some clubs will not accept photo copies and you need to purchase the entry forms from Dogs NSW, not sure about other states.

If you print them off the computer make sure you cut them to size as this is very annoying when people post them on A4 paper. ;)

The website is -terrible- for finding the form! I'm thinking of complaining actually.. It's rediculous.. When I asked for help I was told to "look on the website" :love:

I asked Werribee Obedience about the forms and they don't sell them either.. I do have a DOLer sending me the forms though by email luckily :rofl: I hope that copies are allowed.. Otherwise I'm going to tear my hair out in frustration! They need to make the VCA more beginner-friendly.. :D

The website is -terrible- for finding the form! I'm thinking of complaining actually.. It's rediculous.. When I asked for help I was told to "look on the website" :rolleyes:

I asked Werribee Obedience about the forms and they don't sell them either.. I do have a DOLer sending me the forms though by email luckily :) I hope that copies are allowed.. Otherwise I'm going to tear my hair out in frustration! They need to make the VCA more beginner-friendly.. :confused:

Yep, print offs from the computer are allowed :)

Just remember to sign it prior to sending :laugh:

The website is -terrible- for finding the form! I'm thinking of complaining actually.. It's rediculous.. When I asked for help I was told to "look on the website" :rolleyes:

I asked Werribee Obedience about the forms and they don't sell them either.. I do have a DOLer sending me the forms though by email luckily :) I hope that copies are allowed.. Otherwise I'm going to tear my hair out in frustration! They need to make the VCA more beginner-friendly.. :confused:

Yep, print offs from the computer are allowed :)

Just remember to sign it prior to sending :laugh:

And remember to cut them to the original entry cheque book size. This is so that they are easier to handle if they are all the one size.

Edited by kallistar

Kowai - they need to make the whole thing beginner friendly. There is an assumption that everyone has been trialling for years, and know the ins and outs of it all automatically. As someone who's not even been trialling a year, I'm still struggling with it. Luckily for me I have a great group of trialling mates who have been able to point me in the right direction, I'd hate to be trying to go it alone. :laugh:

Kowai - they need to make the whole thing beginner friendly. There is an assumption that everyone has been trialling for years, and know the ins and outs of it all automatically. As someone who's not even been trialling a year, I'm still struggling with it. Luckily for me I have a great group of trialling mates who have been able to point me in the right direction, I'd hate to be trying to go it alone. :)

Oh Kowai you would have loved the saga that was me trying to put Indi's papers in my name. I called the VCA 5 times that day, and got sighed at endlessly :laugh:

Kowai, if you get stuck pm me. I have a book of the things and I'm sure I can spare some.

And yep the VCA isn't beginner friendly at all.....I'm sure the office staff all rang for the nearest exist when they hear my number on the answering service after all the trouble we had with Koo's papers. :rolleyes:

See I'm kind of glad that Zach is an associate! I'd hate to have to go through all the trouble with papers when I'm still learning about it all :thumbsup: They really need to have a guide to trialling - there is no information anywhere! They shouldn't leave it up to the dog owner to try and figure it all out.. It's so daunting, especially when people think you should already know!