Parparing A Dog For A Show

Hi i have an Aussie that i need to get up to scratch for the show ring....

I want to know from people that have similar breeds and fur type, what products you use??

I have a blk tri Aussie who has minimal copper and want a product that will brighten all his colouring, what do you thing would be worth trying???

My boy also has dry fur on his back end at the moment, which i have been using baby oil, leave- in container sprays etc to help get rid of the dryness, is there any thing else i should try using??

He also had had a case of inflamed feet due to a grass reaction, which is on the mend, but has left his fur between his pads stained as well as the products i am using to clear his feet up with has been leave-in the tops of his feet off colour alittle, i do bath his feet in fidos whiting shampoo, but is there any thing better??? (his feet are white).

what can i use to give his legs more body??

what can i use to keep fly away hairs on his rump under control??

Also want to know where are some of the best online sites to buy show products??

:laugh:

Aussie Shepherd, its under the OP's avatar.

A number of showies use these products http://www.plushpuppy.com.au/

We use sit stay and chalk to help give the legs more body.

We use horse shampoos to highlight the colours.

You might try oil in the diet for any dryness.

i do give him sardines once a week, as well as oil tablets on his dinner....

what brand horse shampoos do you use???

I do use some of the plushpuppy products, mainly rescue conditioner treatment

Edited by wagalot

Wagalot

I suggest you ring Yildiz and talk to her!!

I know she had issues with Tank and her girl when i saw her at Melbourne Royal last year. She was put on a regime by me which has worked really well for her.

She knows what she is doing in regards to coat care now.

I believe in many ways your breeder should always be your first point of call for information in regards to showing and breeding as if they dont know they can always point you in the right direction.

With coated breeds its trial & error but in my view the more oil & crap you put into the coat the worse it is.

If the diet is right & the coat is maintained then it should alays be in good nick ,if it isnt its due to something not being right.

For whitening i use different products for different areas as some absorb too much into the coat & some of the colour products are very harsh & drying.

Also some oils can burn the coat especially if exposed to the sun which can make it dry & make it bleach quicker.

Whilst sardines are helpful you need to look at the whole diet & the products you are washing the dog in as they may simply not agree with your dogs coat but also make sure its being washed out fully.

Another vote for Champion Tails. A GREAT whitener but also gets others colours reflecting nicely - it seems to enrich them. I haven't had any problems with it skin wise, but I also haven't used it on a dog with problem skin.

Good luck for your first show!! :o