Need A Cheaper Dog Food !

You may be able to get the eukanuba off of an internet site for cheaper....

Still want out too be half the price :(

Why not reduce the amount of decent kibble you feed and substitute chicken frames - they are nice and cheap.

Cheap dog foods are full of fillers. I'd rather feed less of a good one if price is an issue.

I feed Supercoat which I buy from a produce store as it works out so much cheaper than supermarkets. It is good quality for the price, a nice mid range food and my dogs do very well on it. I think it is about $40/18kg.

i feed Coprice atm to my danes and amstaff, and they are doing reallywell and look fantastic on it

Thanks, haven't heard of that brand, petshop only or supermarket ? will look into the costs.

Thanks.

I get my coprice from my pet supplies warehouse, its fantastic i really reccomend it, my breeder swapped her danes from euckanuba to coprice

You may be able to get the eukanuba off of an internet site for cheaper....

Still want out too be half the price :(

Why not reduce the amount of decent kibble you feed and substitute chicken frames - they are nice and cheap.

Cheap dog foods are full of fillers. I'd rather feed less of a good one if price is an issue.

I think it's a great idea!

I have swapped my guys from hill's science diet,which was great but as I was moving became a little expensive when feeding 5 dogs.

I NOW feed Great Barko HERE is the website and it has distributers listed. They love the food and their coats are just as good as on Hills.Only thing is don't feed too much or they get fat very quickly :)

I did try coprice but found their coats went dry and harsh feeling. :(

I have swapped my guys from hill's science diet,which was great but as I was moving became a little expensive when feeding 5 dogs.

I NOW feed Great Barko HERE is the website and it has distributers listed. They love the food and their coats are just as good as on Hills.Only thing is don't feed too much or they get fat very quickly :)

I did try coprice but found their coats went dry and harsh feeling. :(

wow really, my boys coats are still as nice as they ever were even with the switch to coprice, i do add sunflower oil to their food though

wow really, my boys coats are still as nice as they ever were even with the switch to coprice, i do add sunflower oil to their food though

Yep - I did not add oils to mine though so maybe that was why.......they do get bones and chicken wings / frames on alternate days so one day dry- next day bones

Thanks...

Where do u get chicken frames from ? butcher I assume, even though i have never seen them, have seen chicken necks though.

Cheapest source will be a poultry supplier. Most of my big dog owning friends buy them in 20kg lots. Lennards and supermarkets have them too. You shouldn't be paying more than $2 a kilo for them - that's way cheaper than good kibble.

Where are you located, DiscoBorder?

Some DOLers might know a chicken wholesaler near you.

As a guide, I recently bought a box of frames (about 10kg? there were 30ish of them, I think), 3kg large wings, 3kg minced carcasses and 3kg necks for less than $20.

As a guide, I recently bought a box of frames (about 10kg? there were 30ish of them, I think), 3kg large wings, 3kg minced carcasses and 3kg necks for less than $20.

South-east melb, out near ferntree gully.

South-east melb, out near ferntree gully.

I get 10kg of frames for $7

You could try Bonnie Complete it is $40 for 20kg

My guys did well on it and i know a lot of breeders also use it

You can get it at Pets at home

In FTG behind the Shell servo near Autobarn, there is a produce store - they should sell it.