22 Weeks And On Heat?

Budyjelle

Maxine is 22 weeks old and 9kg and today I noticed a small amount of what looked like blood on her vagina.

I don't think the area is swollen (?yet) and I cannot see any evidence of an injury.

She seems to be licking herself a lot and also "scooting" on her bum. I was surprised about the latter as she has been dewormed and is still on a monthly program of deworming.

Is it possible that she is coming on heat?

She is booked in at the Vets to be desexed on the 10 April.

Yes it is possible to come on so early but especially given the scooting I would not just presume that is the cause of the blood. It could be anal glands, urinary tract infection, of even a sign of trauma. I would get her checked by a vet asap.

Thank you Lucknow :( ...I do intend taking her to the vet on Monday.

She had her first professional grooming (wash/dry and trim) last wednesday......I thought they routinely checked anal glands...should I have asked him if he did them/would do them?

Edited by Budyjelle

We do anal gland checks on all clients & inform the owners if theres a ig build up.

Its easy to do in the bath & no big deal.

Not all groomers do them,some will charge more.

She could be in season & it could be a UTI

Guest Nicedoggy

My friends girl come into season when she was almost six mths old, and shewas in for about 3 weeks. :vomit:

Yes Cockerlover (I love them too btw)....Maxine has a "graze" on the skin right near her vagina.....her anal glands are fine and a wee test has been taken for a micro and culture test. The vet has given me some ointment to apply so I hope that this works for her.

Thank goodness Maxine is NOT on heat :D

How she suffered a "graze" right there is beyond me :) ...though her Cocker genes have sent her burrowing into dense bushes/undergrowth on occasion...LOL