Antibacterial Ear Cleaner

Hey!

Just wondering what people use to clean out ear wax, not so much vet prescribed ones but homemade?

My Saint is once again on meds for a ear infection, this time round I'm not waiting till his ears swell.

I'm using a mix of 30% Betadine 40% Water and 30% Cetrigen which is a anesthetic and insect repellent in 1.

Applying liberally to baby wipes (huggies to be exact) and clean out as best i can.

I like these 2 products as they are fast drying inside the canal if any gets right down there.

I usually just use the wipes without the added things but I need something with a bit of oomph (lol)

now that they are smelly!

Any tips would be great, I don't know why it keeps coming back!

Edited by saintlysusan

I wipe my dogs' ears out with Malaseb diluted approximately 1:30 with water.

Same here. My dally has always had ear roblems and if I syringe her ears out weekly with the dilute malaseb she if fine.

Boris would probally not let me syringe anything down there and I'd be too worried that he would shake so hard he'd damage his earlobes again like last time but Im glad that works for you.. Im Jealous!

I dont think Im doing him any harm atleast, it can only help and its antibacterial.

Miranda, What does the Malaseb do? Isnt is a medicated shampoo?

I wipe my dogs' ears out with Malaseb diluted approximately 1:30 with water.

Same here.

Is an antibacterial and antifungal shampoo.

Has an ongoing effect, so you don't need to use it daily.

Read somewhere that diluted 1:50 (with water) is as effective, with less irritation.

I make it up somewhere between the 2 :laugh: