Help Each Other And Maybe Have Fun

Normally I run (OK in most cases drive LOL), like an idiot between stakes - Restricted and All Age, with four labs.

On Sunday 4th May, there is a single day trial, only one of the year. The stakes are Novice and Restricted.

I have one lab entered in Novice, who has placed in Restricted, but still eligible to compete in the lower stake.

As I wish to concentrate on watching and competing in Restriced, anyone care to run/handle, and probably have a lot of fun, in Novice.

ANKC membership required. Also further possible good news, vetting in an hour later than normal, 8 to 8.30am. You are more than welcome to travel with me from Berwick, or meet at the trial site, near Geelong.

It would probably be a good idea to practice first, getting to know each other, but this particular dog is pretty good with other handlers.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, at least no one thought (or at least typed), why she is offering to do this.

As we all know it is rare for a near stranger or total stranger to have the opportunity to run another persons dog, especially if they may have no idea what the trials and competitions consist of.

If the dog goes out, so be it. He was won at Novice level, so he is willing and able.

Damm it Lablover I was going to be down there in Victoria (or as the NT folk call it Mexico!) this week on holidays and I would have so loved to have run your dog, anyones dog in fact!

Now not coming until later in year.....

Catch you then

Annie and her boyz

Please let us know how you go at the comp :) Have fun spotted devil

Will do on both counts! :(

We are going to have fun. Spotted devil, can keep any prizes. Gee, hope my dog goes well.

To the interstaters, if you travel down to Victoria, and there is a retrieving trial on let me know.

Annie, What shame. On your next trip you can run all 4 of them!!! .

Edited by Lablover

My ratbag just needs to learn to heel between the pegs, sit still while I shoot and swim back in the same direction he entered the water! Ahhhhh the list goes on.... :o

That's why retrieving training is so much fun. Hope you enjoyed the training day?

I had great fun meeting up with Lablover and her dogs yesterday.....how could you not love 'em :rofl:

What a delight to see such athletic dogs with endless enthusiasm for their job at hand! Between LL and her dogs, I managed to learn a good deal but will have another session on Friday which will hopefully give me a chance to refine my signals and improve my bond with the young dog I am working with. He was a very good boy for me......but much preferred to take the retrieve item back to LL if he could see her :(

Zig had a good gallop around the park and was happy to snuggle into his bed last night, exhausted as he was from all the excitement :)

Spotted Devil,

I am humbled by your first impressions, certainly happy they were favourable.

Delighted how you have dedicated your valuable time to retriever "practice" training and the trial.

With your past and current University studies, apart from your practical experience in other areas, I hope in some small way, you can have fun with retrieving training and trialling.

Naturally looking forward to tomorrow, hopefully no rain again.

But......trust me, when we have some spare time driving to the trial on Sunday, I will be asking you questions, bearing in mind your formal canine theory education. Look out!!!

We were a little focused on "my" training yesterday, nevertheless, when the opportunity arose I did sneak and look at Zig. Impressive obedience. Very nice focus.