Keeping Terrier Hair On Legs..

Ok peoples, open to suggestions, big boof heads legs are becoming less fluffy, WHAT DO I DO???

Can I put covers over them, should I put colestoral cream in>????

Any ideas? Im not used to fluffy terriers! lol

:thumbsup: dont panic missymoo you should see our 8 month old bitch lost all her back furishing she looks like crap.but they do grow back better than ever so dont panic.it happened with our airedale male when he was a pup too.

Been watching a few airedales in the ring, and I think it may just be a stage in their growth?

Best thing to keep coat, is to make sure its always clean - dirty hair breaks. So never brush it when it is dirty.

Always wash the hairspray out after a show .

If its a very course coat that will break easily then you can use an assortment of product but if it doesnt havea dry/briittle leg hair then leave it.

It is most likely changing coat & do you pluck the leg hair or leave it??

Definately sounds like coat change.. As been said always wash the dogs product out after a show.. You can always use a conditioning sprey between baths to help brush the hair too... That should reduce breakage of the coat. Apart from that time is all you need to "fix" the problem!

I am wondering if it may be time to strip the coat, with seasonal moulting being the "issue". The winter coat should come on with the colder weather.

Biotin is a good supplement for animal coats, as are the omega oil supplements.

There is a Doler called Lorraine (sp?) who recently got her Airedale qualified after some coat issues, so she might help if you PM her. It can be a lot of work to bring them up to scratch.