Dog Dryer

I have 2 poodles- one a 25kg standard that loves mud- and want something to dry them after a walk in the rain or a bath.

Other problem is RUST. We live in a coastal area and everything rusts badly e.g. golf clubs, kids bikes, even the aluminium blinds on the windows!

A Liberty Stand Dryer looks great, but is about $700 new, if you add a hose attachment :laugh: .

I've emailed someone about a possible 2nd hand one at about $500 (delivered).

Would a cheaper force dryer be OK?

e.g. http://www.clipperworld.com.au/shop/index....p;productId=288

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DOUBLE-K-CHALLENGEA...1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for any advice :love:

I have 2 poodles- one a 25kg standard that loves mud- and want something to dry them after a walk in the rain or a bath.

Other problem is RUST. We live in a coastal area and everything rusts badly e.g. golf clubs, kids bikes, even the aluminium blinds on the windows!

A Liberty Stand Dryer looks great, but is about $700 new, if you add a hose attachment :laugh: .

I've emailed someone about a possible 2nd hand one at about $500 (delivered).

Would a cheaper force dryer be OK?

e.g. http://www.clipperworld.com.au/shop/index....p;productId=288

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DOUBLE-K-CHALLENGEA...1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for any advice :love:

I would go for the other Double K with two motors; the Airmax. The twin motor version is more powerfull than the Liberty and cost a lot less.

Absolutely, a cheaper one will be fine.

I have the double motor Oldfields in my salon and they only cost me about $600 each brand new, with all the different hose attachments.

Maybe try to find a stockist near you, Oldfield is one of the oldest kinds of force dryers, theyve been around forever and are good quality.

I think the single motor will be cheaper, if you are a groomer you should get trade price at most places.

Edited by Danielle

..... if you are a groomer you should get trade price at most places.

Thanks.

No, I should have said I'm not a groomer. It's for home use. I also DIY grooming, but pet trims only.

The hand dryer under the chin isn't working for me any more on a wet 25kg dog :laugh:

Don't waste your money on a stand dryer go straight for a twim motor force dryer. If you don't want to spend a fortune the Melbourne Dog Centre (think the name is right) makes an awsome small dryer called the Hurricane.

It is a single motor but is powerful enough to do a standard with up to an inch or so of coat but it is cotrolled with a dial so can be turned down and be used on a toy.

Agree with comments about the turbo dryers rather than a stand dryer. Ezycoat and Oldfield are very reasonable and powerful. The Hurricane may be ok for you because your dogs are always so short but I have found the other two dryers to be more powerful. JMO ( I actually have a Liberty twin motor but have used all three that I mentioned)

Agree with comments about the turbo dryers rather than a stand dryer. Ezycoat and Oldfield are very reasonable and powerful. The Hurricane may be ok for you because your dogs are always so short but I have found the other two dryers to be more powerful. JMO ( I actually have a Liberty twin motor but have used all three that I mentioned)

Yeah, but the Oldfield does have an adjustable knob that you can turn down to a low force so you arent sending the little ones flying off the table!!! Hehehe!

Poodlewrangler-

If you are to get a force dryer, please be careful with it, there is a technique to using them and if not used correctly they can be very dangerous.

When drying around "delicate" areas dont put the nozzle too close to the skin. Areas such as the "bottom", ears, face, and genital area can be hurt with a force dryer that is put too close. Keep the nozzle at least 6 inches away from those areas when drying and NEVER blow air into the ears, even at 6 inches you can burst an eardrum, so cover ear opening with your hand before drying. Also dont blow air directly into the eyes.

Just use your judgement with it and you should be fine, there should be a manual that comes with the force dryer anyway which will tell you all the danger points to look out for.

Good luck!

Danni

Edited by Danielle