Tassie People

Just thought I'd let people know that Pet Goods Direct @ Cambridge Park (next to K & D) are selling premium foods...like Evo, Innova & California Natural as well as the usuals like Advance and Proplan.

Whilst my sheltie is raw fed, I will be buying the Evo products for my cats to try.

they are related to Pets Paradise though

But the one in Tamworth refuses to sell live animals, I heard him tell someone that he never will

I'm afraid I do use the one here, the toys are great as are the bones and I can't get them anywhere else - the other pet shops in town do sell live animals and stink!

The problem is Viszla, that being separated from the rest of Australia as we are by water, we don't always have a lot of reasonably priced options as far as feeding our animals are concerned.

I can't speak for other people, but personally, if I had the choice of feeding a premium food to my dogs, without having to have it flown over from the mainland at great expense to myself, or purchasing the food locally for a fraction of the price.....well.......principle seems to me a bit like throwing the baby out with the bathwater or cutting off your nose to spite your face.

next time I am around the airport I ll call in and check it out. At the moment it s usually animal tucker box and pets domain, which I am sad to say have now started selling live animals.

Years ago, flynns had the sual mice birds and fish, maybe the occasional kitten, but then it was sold, and the DD rage errupted.

Now Flynns are the biggest live pet evndors, with incredible prices :laugh:

Hamilton, well a touch chilli lately hello from the Huon.

I called in there a couple of weeks ago and although I didn't look at the price of the premium kibble I thought their shampoos etc were really expensive :laugh: also they were asking $20 for a lil bag of doggie biscuits :laugh: I did buy a pair of nail clippers, much the same that you buy anywhere and they cost me $20 ;) I think most of their stuff is way too expensive

next time I am around the airport I ll call in and check it out. At the moment it s usually animal tucker box and pets domain, which I am sad to say have now started selling live animals.

Both of them?

I didn't think Animal Tuckerbox would sell puppies or kittens because of the deal they have with the Tas Canine Defense League but Pets Domain.... their stores up here are always stuffed with crossbreed puppies (usually horrible combinations like JRT x kelpie :rolleyes: )

The new animal tuckerbox store in the city is selling pups and kittens. They have cages built up against the windows so everyone can goggle at the pups. So far the store at Derwent park still just has birds, fish, rabbits and guinea pigs.

Both of them?

I didn't think Animal Tuckerbox would sell puppies or kittens because of the deal they have with the Tas Canine Defense League but Pets Domain.... their stores up here are always stuffed with crossbreed puppies (usually horrible combinations like JRT x kelpie :laugh: )

Oh yes they do... :o the new animal tucker box in the city, across from K & D on the corner there, had puppies beagles for $600. they had kittens and baby bunnies, as well as the fish and bird population. The Mornington Kingstown and DerwenT Park store remain pet free.

Speaking of new stores near the Bunnings hardware off the Brooker there is a new shop called " a dogs breakfast " it actually sells home furnishings, but the owner use to be involved with the RSPCA until recently. She has now withdrawn all her support, although I think she may still help the dogs home.

I haven't checked out Cambridge yet. I usually get our kibble from either Pet Domain (which is cheaper) or the local pet food stockist which is about $5 or so dearer. I only go to Glenorchy Tucker Box and that might be to get a large dog bed at a reasonable price. It isn't easy finding a pet stockist here that doesn't sell pets and if you do, it is just too expensive.

The pet food shop in Moonah (near Banjos) who are great with roo and roo tails, have Eagle pack and Advance and I think they have Eukanuba, are cheaper than Animal Tuckerbox, they are really nice too ;) plus they don't sell puppies

I get fresh stuff in there sometimes but I like to buy the big bags of dry food which they don't have. I wouldn't have thought they were that much cheaper than the animal tuckerbox or pets domain when I looked at their prices though?

I haven't been in there recently. I can get chicken necks and wings cheaper at the supermarket but our girl loves the roo tails and that is the only place I have seen them.

Both of them?

I didn't think Animal Tuckerbox would sell puppies or kittens because of the deal they have with the Tas Canine Defense League but Pets Domain.... their stores up here are always stuffed with crossbreed puppies (usually horrible combinations like JRT x kelpie :laugh: )

Oh yes they do... :rofl: the new animal tucker box in the city, across from K & D on the corner there, had puppies beagles for $600. they had kittens and baby bunnies, as well as the fish and bird population.

Very disappointing :rofl:

We'd been recommending Animal Tuckerbox (for food) to adopters solely because they didn't sell puppies and kittens :rofl:

I hope they're not planning on starting to sell them at the Launceston store....

The pet food shop in Moonah (near Banjos) who are great with roo and roo tails, have Eagle pack and Advance and I think they have Eukanuba, are cheaper than Animal Tuckerbox, they are really nice too :rolleyes: plus they don't sell puppies

I get our meat from The Pet Meat Mart in Glenorchy, opposite Hungry Jacks. They sell a huge range of different meats and cuts and they are very nice guys. They also sell Advance and a few other brands but since I buy Bonnie I haven't checked out the others. Animal Tuckerbox used to sell Bonnie but apparently had a disagreement eith them so they don't stock it anymore.

I get fresh stuff in there sometimes but I like to buy the big bags of dry food which they don't have. I wouldn't have thought they were that much cheaper than the animal tuckerbox or pets domain when I looked at their prices though?

I haven't been in there recently. I can get chicken necks and wings cheaper at the supermarket but our girl loves the roo tails and that is the only place I have seen them.

They told me they are selling cheaper than the other two, but I wouldn't know the prices, prob only a few cents difference. my dogs, love their fresh roo meat and roo tails, but cheapest for chicken wings etc. is Chicken place in Glenorchy they are $1.98 kg, even their lamb shanks are reasonable price.

Cheapest place in Hobart for bulk pet mince which contains EVERYTHING (including chopped up chicken carcasses etc) is Matt's Meats and Glenorchy Centro. He charges 80 cents/kg. He also sells frames etc on arrangement in bulk at a very good price.

He breeds Staffords. Nice guy actually and his mince is THE best stuff that I've found yet. I swear by it. Every so often I whinge about having to drive to Glenorchy to collect it and decide to buy elsewhere and then regret it because my dogs just don't seem to do as well on meat from other sources.