Crate Suggestions

I know this topic has come up before, but when I do a "crate" search they're all "crate training" threads :)

My Goldie sleeps in a crate every night, however it's a metal one and I find it's too heavy to take to trials. I've looked on ebay for the lighter cloth ones but there's just sooooooo many :mad

I'm after a lightweight, easy to set-up crate big enough to fit a Goldie. Can anyone suggest a crate and where to get one (I'm in south Brisbane area) or a web-site.

Thanks in advance :love: .

:) Thanks so much for these suggestions.

I've marked both of these on ebay already, but there's nothing like a bit of first-hand experience.

Do you find them easy to set up? And I suppose my only other question is air circulation - how are they in summer?

:) Thanks so much for these suggestions.

I've marked both of these on ebay already, but there's nothing like a bit of first-hand experience.

Do you find them easy to set up? And I suppose my only other question is air circulation - how are they in summer?

The ones in the link I posted are really easy to put up. I have a stuffed thumb on one hand and I can manage to put them up and down with out any problems. The ventilation is really good as well. My dogs are nice and cool in summer.

these ones are great,i have one of each type they sell http://cgi.ebay.com.au/K9-ROYALE-SOFT-DOG-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I was looking at one of them for a while, but the sizing wasn't quite right unfortunately so I went for another metal crate. I spoke to the lady who sells them on the phone though and she's absolutely lovely, very helpful and the crates seem to be great quality.

I was looking at one of them for a while, but the sizing wasn't quite right unfortunately so I went for another metal crate. I spoke to the lady who sells them on the phone though and she's absolutely lovely, very helpful and the crates seem to be great quality.

Can I ask what was wrong with the sizing. I'm asking 'cause I'm trying to figure out what size to get for my Goldie (rather go too big that too small)

I bouught the 107cm in the Competition model and the 102cm in the Royale for german shepherds

I use the Competition one for everyday use that is set up in the loungeroom but got the fraction smaller sized one for use in the car.The Royale model has 2 doors,one of the end and one on the side and i set it up it in the back of my Kluger so i can use the side door for entry(dogs travel in it for trips).Some soft crates only have one door entry

Edited by 4 Paws

Can I ask what was wrong with the sizing. I'm asking 'cause I'm trying to figure out what size to get for my Goldie (rather go too big that too small)

I had a feeling the 40" would be just a bit too small length and height wise. The next size up (47" I think) would have been nice and roomy, but way too big to fit in the house or the car.

The wire crates I have are 42" and the perfect size for the house and car, they fit perfectly behind the front seats when folded up. It was a hard decision to make as I REALLY wanted one of the soft ones, especially given how lovely the lady selling them is.

I bouught the 107cm in the Competition model and the 102cm in the Royale for german shepherds

I use the Competition one for everyday use that is set up in the loungeroom but got the fraction smaller sized one for use in the car.The Royale model has 2 doors,one of the end and one on the side and i set it up it in the back of my Kluger so i can use the side door for entry(dogs travel in it for trips).Some soft crates only have one door entry

Is there much difference between the two? From what I can see it only seems to be the covers over the vents/windows. Sorry for the questions but I don't want to buy one and wish I'd bought a different one later on :eek:

Luke W: You're right it does look pretty cool. I like the idea, but I'm not sure how long it would last. It's certainly good for the price though.

The K9 Royale is the sort of crate I had in mind.

I bought a very similar crate to the K9 Royale one from ebay, in fact it looks identical except it doesn't have the label on it.

Easy to set up and it was a bit cheaper. Wish I could remember the seller, but you might see it if you search through the crates.

Is there much difference between the two? From what I can see it only seems to be the covers over the vents/windows. Sorry for the questions but I don't want to buy one and wish I'd bought a different one later on :D

Luke W: You're right it does look pretty cool. I like the idea, but I'm not sure how long it would last. It's certainly good for the price though.

The K9 Royale is the sort of crate I had in mind.

I got the Royale basically because it would fit into the back of my car when set up and has the 2 doors,not just the one entry.Its not as high as the Competition.Proably the same circulation wise.The Royale has a few storage areas( section on top and an attachment at the side which can be removed)

I got the Royale basically because it would fit into the back of my car when set up and has the 2 doors,not just the one entry.Its not as high as the Competition.Proably the same circulation wise.The Royale has a few storage areas( section on top and an attachment at the side which can be removed)

Thanks for your help 4 Paws (and everyone elso too). I've taken your advice and gone with the the Royale (free cover included). I've already received a number of emails from the seller and she seems really nice. I'm hoping it's as easy to put up as everyone says - it looks complicated on the web-site :D

Thanks for your help 4 Paws (and everyone elso too). I've taken your advice and gone with the the Royale (free cover included). I've already received a number of emails from the seller and she seems really nice. I'm hoping it's as easy to put up as everyone says - it looks complicated on the web-site :laugh:

I'm sure you'll be happy with it :D and yes,she is a lovely lady and very easy to deal with

I bought the K9+Royale after reading this thread and I found the seller really really lovely and generous with her time and knowledge.....

Its due to arrive sometime this week (pup hasn't been born yet but I'm planning ahead :( )