Worm Tablets From Wollies Versus Sentimol

hi everyone. we use sentimol on our dogs but a friend of ours uses Purina total care from wollies at 16 bucks. the tablets from woolies have got everything our tablets have except flea treatment. he puts a flea collar on his to cover fleas.

is there something he is missing out on? does anybody know the difference except for price? How come everyone pays so much for advocate etc when these tablets are cheeper?

His dog is a shitzu, Murphy and fletcher are cattle dogs x.

thanks

kate.

hi everyone. we use sentimol on our dogs but a friend of ours uses Purina total care from wollies at 16 bucks. the tablets from woolies have got everything our tablets have except flea treatment. he puts a flea collar on his to cover fleas.

is there something he is missing out on? does anybody know the difference except for price? How come everyone pays so much for advocate etc when these tablets are cheeper?

thanks

kate.

Uh..i use panacure.. buy it from stock feed places TONS cheaper when you got a lot fo dogs to do! theres no fleas or heartwrom out thsi way tho.. too dry!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with supermarket brand wormers,heartworm.These brands are generally owned by the Vet pushed lines at a greater price.

Like any drug product its a case of understanding its make up to your dog/breed

Always check the active ingredients and the dosages to make the best comparisons.

Some previously "branded only" treatments have passed the set time and are released on to market in a Generic form, hopefully this will make things cheaper for both generic and branded products (because of the competition).

I use Valuepet brand monthly heartwormer that I get from our Discount Chemist pharmacy.

The All-wormer I shop around to whatever is handy at the time, and try to include one for Hydatids.

I use Killtix collars for Ticks and Fleas.

And Capstar for fast flea knockdown when required. (rarely)

can someone tell me what the vaccination protech C4 covers please? and from ruff memory i thought the vet said this shot also covers worms? is this correct?

humphrey is on monthly chew for heartworm and intestinal worms but i have heard that there is a three monthly wormer for dogs as well.

could someone please clear all this up for me? clearly am a bit confused lol

C4 covers Parvo, Hepatitis, Distemper and Parainfluenza. It doesn't cover any worms.

Heartworm is given monthly. You can also give it in daily tablet form but there is no 3 monthly protocol for heartworm. There is a 12 month heartworm injection that I strongly advise against.

Edited by cavNrott

Do you mean your dogs get Sentinel Spectrum? If so, I think it's a top quality product. I use it for my 4 dogs too.

It's expensive if you buy from the vet or a pet store. Have a look at www.pricelesspets.com.au and you'll probably find it a lot cheaper there.

I don't know anything about Purina total care but I believe those flea collars don't work too well and some dogs are allergic to them.

out of curiousity, why do you not advise the 12 month heartworm needle cav?

A number of dogs have had nasty reactions from it. Do a google search.....and a search on this forum for more detailed info that I can't remember. I didn't take it all in because I was never going to use it. I think both Morgan and Cavandra on this forum have plenty of info on it.

I also believe they took it off the market in the USA.