For The Schutzhund Enthusiasts - Some Bite Work

Not through Dogquip there not :laugh: .

Why do you want a quick release prong?

dont know they just looked like a good idea, easier to remove i suppose. but as i have never used a prong before i wouldn't know how difficult they are to remove.

I dont like any equipment with the quick release snaps on them, I have seen many people grab on to them by mistake in situations where they have needed to grab a hold of the dog's collar/lead.

I would go with a normal standard prong collar, especially if it is the first time you will be using one.

Watched the clip, you really have to be careful with this training. How old is the dog? And at the end there, that's not good at all to let the dog run with sleeve and no one holding lead. Not good training at all!! And at the end the dog goes to him for a pat?? So confusing for the dog. If you want a serious dog you won't achieve it this way.

I have nothing against new trainers, but they need someone experienced to show them the way and that guy didn't look good. I personally wouldn't train my dogs there.

most K9 work, even in security we try to relax the dog enough that it can be patter afterward, esp in PP. from the exposure ive had anyway. the dogs ive watched were all still in training. the one with experience was amazing. straight after a bite, he could shut down.

i agree with gsd handler

a good dog is trained to turn on and off like a switch

they are told to work and when to play

its the same for sport or sec dog

Edited by cramet

i agree with gsd handler

a good dog is trained to turn on and off like a switch

they are told to work and when to play

its the same for sport or sec dog

I agree, my last shep was like that. But she was also taught to think for herself and protect me if needed. She was great at that, knew exactly when to step in.

My current one is still too much into play, she'd be good to trial as she's not serious still :laugh: im hoping it will improve, she is 19mths now.....

I dont like any equipment with the quick release snaps on them, I have seen many people grab on to them by mistake in situations where they have needed to grab a hold of the dog's collar/lead.

I would go with a normal standard prong collar, especially if it is the first time you will be using one.

I would have to second Jeff's advice above. Tony

thanks for that, after reading more into them on Leerburg i found that they quite often break and come apart, which even with a back up collar you still dont want that to happen.

thanks again.