Orijien Food

I haven't read through all of this so my apologies if this has already been mentioned, however I noticed the other day that the people who I buy my Eagle Pack and both BARFS from (the Canine Country and Dr B's) sell Orijen. www.petdeli.com.au .

I haven't tried it yet (on the dogs) as I'm really happy with how mine are doing on Eagle Pack, will come back and read peoples opinions some time soon.

Yeah I order through Kerry at petdeli and changed over to orijen, Darcy is really preferring it to the EP Holistic Duck & Oatmeal - hes very fussy! They get dry and normally chicken mince/necks for dinner.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought a trial pack of Orijen. One ting i noticed was the kibble seems to be harder that the kibble I am used to (EP Fish). I only have little fella, and they seem not to chew it as much. it's only been a day so i shall see how it goes.

petdeli in NSW have some (or they did last week anyway..)

I've just been transitioning my cat over to the feline Orijen and now she picks that out and leaves any of her old food (mind you it was supermarket food...). I'm hoping to see an improvement in her fur (it's a little patchy at the moment).

Molly, my lab, seems to be doing very well on the Orijen adult formula and her coat was commented on by quite a few strangers over the w/e :rolleyes:

Well I'll probably run out by the weekend.... so it will have lasted about 17 days only feeding dry (normally I do 1/2 meat 1/2 dry but haven't got to the butchers) for 2 x 40kg dogs - one on 2 cups and one on 3!

Sheesh that works out pretty expensive.... Definately need to get to the butchers again :laugh:

Well I have to say I am pretty impressed with it so far. I bought a 7kg bag of Orijen adult from Pookinuk on the weekend and it was delivered Tuesday. They had there first meal of it today and both girls polished their bowls. Kenzie has had a bit of a problem with a runny tummy while both on Eaglepack and Advance but no evidence of a problem on Orijen at the moment :laugh: .

harold

The costs for Orijien is the same as you pay for EP and at least one other super premium dog food.

I am more than happy paying this price given I am going through less and it is the food which is best suited to my dog's needs and which he has done best on.

Sags and others

I have a very very good relationship with my pet store. He's a fantastic man who would give you the shirt off his back.

My question was genuine. Until recently we bought Eukanuba Large Breed for our Wei (and have done for 4 years from the above shop - travelling many k's to avoid people like Coles to support our local...ish pet shop). It costs about $80 for a 15kg bag. I was wondering why a slightly smaller bag costs 50% more. I was asking those who would know (the shop owners) for a response. As usual the first to reply is someone saying "there's no margin...I only cover my costs....blah blah blah"

I am asking my pet shop man to order in Orijen for us and we will pay what he asks as we know he won't take the p**s

I would ask those who reply saying "people with very few posts pop up in these food threads with negative things to say" to re-read my topic

I am happy to pay for a quality product for our beautiful Wei who is suffering bad skin at the moment.

My question was that $120 for 13.6kg seems expensive (50% more than compared to what I am used to buying what i thought was another quality product)

People - don't be so defensive, and remember we are all new to forums at some time. Come and comment on the other forums that i post to (as a long time user) and i guarantee i won't be so negative.... makes me wonder what forums are for if it's not for asking questions????

Maybe I won't ask questions and I'll just follow the herd......

Edited by harold

Still going well for my boys on it. I was talking to a friend of mine at the dog park today and she said she feeds her ridgie Pal or Supercoat and asked what I fed. Then I told her the price and she flipped out! This woman earns big bucks, and I earn piddly squat next to her. To me its not about price, its about what the quality of the food is like and if my dogs to well on it.

Darcy is the biggest fusspot but he will eat Orijen without me having to reprimand him to go and 'eat his crunchies' - so it gets a big ;) from me! Also been less of the runny poos with him too - don't get me wrong EP Holistic Duck was great, but he seems to be doing slightly better on this. Still doing his spew thing, but I don't think any food would chance that.