Aggression Workshop **2 Places Available**

Hi Folks

I have organized an aggression training workshop in association with Steve from K9 Force.

This workshop will contain invaluable information for anyone who has to handle or has contact with aggressive dogs.

• Owners who know they have a problem they would like help with.

• Trainers who would like further information.

• Rescue groups who would like greater knowledge and be able to identify potential problems.

• Enthusiasts who would just like to know more about the psychology of aggression and how to prevent it .

The workshop consists of 2 full days over the weekend of the 13th and 14th September 2008

There will be lots of demonstrations throughout the 2 days, as well as theory behind the psychology of aggression.

On the Saturday there will be 2-4 dogs used to demonstrate the different aggression handling techniques.

The Sunday will focus a bit more on some specific problems with participants dogs and handling techniques.

The cost of the workshop is $200 per person + $40 per dog brought on Sunday.

Some dogs may be invited to participate in day 1 at no additional cost.

There will be a limit of 10 dogs to participate on Sunday.

It will be held at the K9 Force facility at Kurrajong Heights, NSW

For those travelling a bit further accommodation is available locally and we would suggest that a local boarding kennel may be the best location for dogs for the duration of the Saturday session.

If you are interested in a place please contact me for payment details and further information.

Regards

B

Edited by Akitaowner

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think a DVD would ever have the same impact as actually seeing it in front of you - also you cant get specific help with your dog! :laugh:

Been in Victoria, I would be very interested if it could be filmed and available.

Studying with the NDTF, it is common practice to film lectures and workshops. While I understand you cant get specfic help, it does provide an excellent info resource.

I dont think any! they are all (i think) non dolers - yes there are some out there!

Really?! I'm surprised. [that there's no other DOLers coming, not that non-Dolers exist!]

I want to go (not because of or with Jake) but just because it really interests me. I am struggling inwardly though with the dollars as I really don't have that money to spend at the mo... still having an inner conflict!!!

Ruthless I suggested to Mina that she offer Buster as a demonstration dog!

He's actually ok once he's wearing a prong collar ... it's the getting it on him in the first place that's the problem :birthday:

We go past SR to get to Steve's, so if you did want Buster as a demo dog we could possibly pick him up on the way. As long as someone gave him a long walk beforehand :)

JM do you want to let Mina know she needs to write a blurb on Buster?

He's actually ok once he's wearing a prong collar ... it's the getting it on him in the first place that's the problem :birthday:

We go past SR to get to Steve's, so if you did want Buster as a demo dog we could possibly pick him up on the way. As long as someone gave him a long walk beforehand :)

JM do you want to let Mina know she needs to write a blurb on Buster?

Okay will pm her. I did mention it to her before. I walked Buster the other day. He wasn't actually taht bad if you ignored him until he sat down in the run. I think he just wants attention.

It would be really nice to get a professional to handle him, i think he is just misunderstood!!!

Now I want to come even more!!!

I've been tossing up for a while whether to come or not. Darcy isn't DA but he does get a bit growly when dogs intrude on his space. I think he thinks hes an alpha, but hes just too small...

not everyone coming will be bringing dogs - i have found that i learn much better when mine arent present and when there are good examples of whats being discussed present.

For those that came to the TID workshop - Desmo is what im talking about, a dog that exhibits what you are trying to learn about.

Many of the people coming are just coming to learn about the theories and motives behind dog aggression - those principles can then be applied in various forms to all dogs who show physical aggression.

For those that came to the TID workshop - Desmo is what im talking about, a dog that exhibits what you are trying to learn about.

Poor Desmo :eek: I'm glad you didn't use Chopper as an example, how embarrassing :)

not everyone coming will be bringing dogs - i have found that i learn much better when mine arent present and when there are good examples of whats being discussed present.

That's why I'm bringing OH to handle Trixie, he doesn't get distracted, or embarrassed :p

Edited by ruthless

Desmo was great - and it was interesting to see the different interest levels in the different dogs - as i suspected Mav showed no interest at all :eek:!! he is a bit better at home but not enough to work reliably with....

Jack my foster on the other hand - having had very little ofrmal obedience training everytime he see the tug he almost rips my arm off! :)

Although I'm sure you will have no shortage of dog volunteers :eek: I have a nearly 9 yr old dog aggro but people friendly one that you are welcome to use :) Loves food, has drive but won't tug (my fault through suppression - didn't know about drive training then! Will work great if you have a mouse or rat though :p )