Wholesale Meat Supplier In Perth?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a costs-less-than-the-grocery-store meat supplier in Perth. I'm located SOR in Hamilton Hill but I am willing to travel for a really good deal. We have a chest freezer so can handle largish orders.

What I'm not looking for is mince. We're already feeding our kitty and going to be feeding out new pup a prey model raw diet so I'm looking for whole chickens, whole rabbits, chicken carcases with lots and lots of meat, and other large cut products, as well as offal and heart from more than one species (Woolies, Coles and IGA only seem to have lamb) :laugh: So any butchers with good deals or pet suppliers that have whole products. I don't mind an abattoir if anyone knows of one that will sell meat or off cuts to the public (tongue, offal, lower legs with skin still on, general off cuts etc).

Thanks!!

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a costs-less-than-the-grocery-store meat supplier in Perth. I'm located SOR in Hamilton Hill but I am willing to travel for a really good deal. We have a chest freezer so can handle largish orders.

What I'm not looking for is mince. We're already feeding our kitty and going to be feeding out new pup a prey model raw diet so I'm looking for whole chickens, whole rabbits, chicken carcases with lots and lots of meat, and other large cut products, as well as offal and heart from more than one species (Woolies, Coles and IGA only seem to have lamb) :laugh: So any butchers with good deals or pet suppliers that have whole products. I don't mind an abattoir if anyone knows of one that will sell meat or off cuts to the public (tongue, offal, lower legs with skin still on, general off cuts etc).

Thanks!!

"Southdale" sells to the public, I don't think they do poultry but the would definately be able to help you with offal from both beef & lamb as well as goat & horse, they would also be able to sell you lower legs etc :rofl:

South Street Pet Supplies - between Stock Road and Carrington Street. They sell beef, lamb, kangaroo, emu, horse, goat and some chicken, dried meats and bones of all shapes and sizes.

This place has been highly recommended previously.

I used to get excellent chicken carcasses (huge carcasses with loads of meat) from Beta Valet when they were located in Welshpool - they have now moved to Canning Vale (off Nicholson Road) - try googling them and see what you come up with. I used to get 20 huge carcasses for $6. One carcass was more than a meal for each Goldie.

When they moved, they agreed to deliver to me for an extra $3 but I wasn't doing a weekly order so they weren't that keen.

You'd be fine if you wanted to go and do a pick up though. Very cheap and they have other cheap pet foods as well (they sell wholesale)

I now get my chicken carcasses from Cheapa Chicken in Osborne Park - they are cheap too but the carcasses are almost half the size and less meat so you almost need 2 for a meal. Still good value though.

:thumbsup:

South Street Pet Supplies - between Stock Road and Carrington Street. They sell beef, lamb, kangaroo, emu, horse, goat and some chicken, dried meats and bones of all shapes and sizes.

Thanks I heard there was a good pet meat place on South Street. Bit of a mission for me down from Joondalup but hopefully worth it.

There is a better place in Midvale which I think South Street Pet Supplies get their stock from. HMm think its called A + D Sales. We get our goat bones and dried goat from here and they also have the new Guppies chicken and vege balls (also lamb, steak and kangaroo ones) which have no preservatives in.

Sothdale is in Byford, A & D pet meats in Midvale are also great & a good 1/2 hr closer :thumbsup: a word of advise would be to call them a couple of days in advance & place an order as they have a large client base :thumbsup:

Sothdale is in Byford, A & D pet meats in Midvale are also great & a good 1/2 hr closer :thumbsup: a word of advise would be to call them a couple of days in advance & place an order as they have a large client base :dropjaw:

See that confuses me :thumbsup: I've been looking online casually for a while now and none of the pet meat suppliers or butchers that have websites have price quotes, so how am I supposed to know what to order if I haven't seen the stock? and I don't know the prices? and Midvale is totally drivable, but from Hammy Hill Byford is actually closer.

Sothdale is in Byford, A & D pet meats in Midvale are also great & a good 1/2 hr closer :dropjaw: a word of advise would be to call them a couple of days in advance & place an order as they have a large client base :cheer:

See that confuses me :thumbsup: I've been looking online casually for a while now and none of the pet meat suppliers or butchers that have websites have price quotes, so how am I supposed to know what to order if I haven't seen the stock? and I don't know the prices? and Midvale is totally drivable, but from Hammy Hill Byford is actually closer.

Because they are butchers and not too internet savvy! :thumbsup:

I think you will find if you get their phone number, they will happily fax you a price list and then it's just a matter of trial and error as to the quality of the product you are happy with. :noidea:

We dont feed alot of raw ,one of our breeds is very prone to pancreatitis so diet is very important & unfortunately with the increase in owners doing BARF the breed is suffering in this area at the moment.

We have used many different suppliers over the years .Our best one no longer does it.

The others the dogs just wouldnt eat or gave them the runs badly.

We use the mutton meat from better pets or city farmers,yes it costs more but totally agrees with our dogs.

We dont do alot of chicken neck/frames either & we dont feed organs so can t help you there,

With my setter i cant feed roo as it turns him orange & they cant get beef as the breed is prone to reacting badly .

We did use to get our necks for a Canning Vale wholesaler & they where great .

Some of the meastt in the past i think use to put other varities in that werent meant to be there & depending on when slaughtered & left to stand .

We have brought from southdale but our dogs hated there meat

We haven't had that problem with our dogs ( quite the opposite actually :) ) mind you our dogs are regularly fed raw so that could be a factor :smashpc:

Southdale supplies all the meat for the carnivores at Perth Zoo so they must have a good reputation :birthday:

We haven't had that problem with our dogs ( quite the opposite actually :eek: ) mind you our dogs are regularly fed raw so that could be a factor :p

Southdale supplies all the meat for the carnivores at Perth Zoo so they must have a good reputation :)

I can't seem to find an exact address for Southdale, do you have one? Just trying to figure out what is closer to home. I tried South St Pet Supplies today and the prices were pretty good, but they don't do bulk orders and I was hoping for a larger supply of chunky meaty pieces. So, we want to try Southdales and A&D.

Thanks so much!