Information For Coprice Users

I dont want to start a debate about whats good and bad for animals and the goods and evils of dry food but I know there are a few people on here who do use coprice products and I thought I would share some information I found out the other day.....

Coprice also make Woofbix (the Big W brand of dog food) and Coles "You'll love Coles Brand" dog food.

The only difference between Coprice brand and Woofbix is that no rice product is used in Woofbix. Its based on other grains

I just thought this might help some people make choices.

Cheers

Jo

That IS good to know.

I personally have used the Woofbix (and Coles YLC and Woolies Chicken and Rice) dry food when I have run out of food on a weekend and Big W, Coles or Woolies are the only shops available. I live in the country so running out of food from time to time is inevitable, especially if my fresh meat supplier is running late or whatever.

I've found these to be perfectly adequate foods and I have in fact added them to my puppy information booklet. It is really good to be able to recommend readily available and budget-friendly foods to families who aren't necessarily in a position to purchase bulk from a feed supplier.

We are trying Coprice with the boarding kennel dogs as its now available in WA .So far the results have been excellent.

We have premiun varieties but many boarders arent feed premiun foods at home & so do woeful if feed it suddenly so having a dry that is mid range & agreeable to all is very much appreciated here.

I have and still do sometimes feed Coprice working dog to mine and have not had any problems. It is not my preferred food, however, when I'm out and the stockfeeds are the only place open I do duck in and buy 20kg's, its also friendlier on the bank balance. Mine love it and I have not noticed any difference in my dogs when fed coprice compared to the premium foods I usually feed :whip:

• 2 weeks later...

Glad the information helped out.

I got to go through the factory for work reasons so I thought I would pass the info on to those who use it as well. It was definately interesting to see what goes in it.

Im also out in the country and have a LOT of trouble getting bulk dry food that not working dog food. We have 5 dogs at the moment so getting it in bulk is important.

Coprice is about the only thing we can get thats not working dog. Having seen that Woofbix is the same thing I gave the new chicken one a go and the dogs love it.

we fed coprice for a while and it made two of our dogs skin all scabby and flakey and dulled the others coats so we dont touch the stuff now

i guess it all goes back to different dogs do well on different foods...

my guys are all on eagle pack now and the change in them has been amazing!!!

Does anyone know if Cocprice is avaliable in SA? I am (hopefully) going to need some for a puppy :dropjaw:

Don't worry, I have puppy sample packs.. If worse comes to worse I can TNT road express you some. If you really wanted I could wean her onto what ever you would like.

The lovely people at Coprice said they might be bringing out a cat food in the near future -that would get our cats out of the dog food container...

We went onto Coprice when we had our malamutes. They used to get hotspots from a lot of premium foods, lost belly fur with others and had bad skin with still some more. Tried Bonnie which we use when Coprice runs out, but they didn't like it as much. The coprice puppy soaks very well for weaning and Chops just can't get enough.

Does anyone know if Cocprice is avaliable in SA? I am (hopefully) going to need some for a puppy :dropjaw:

I have seen it for sale in stock feed places in 20kg bags. Going to last a pug a loooonnnggg time unless you can find smaller bags! lol

I have seen it for sale in stock feed places in 20kg bags. Going to last a pug a loooonnnggg time unless you can find smaller bags! lol

Just need more pugs!!! LOL.. The coprice puppy is in a 12kg bag.

Does anyone know if Cocprice is avaliable in SA? I am (hopefully) going to need some for a puppy :laugh:

20kg!

12kg!

How about 2 or 3?????!!!!

Rascal just throw a few kilos in the crate with her on the way over - hopefully she won't guts it all :)

ETA: I have only ever had Louie on Eagle Pack with a semi-raw diet (necks, offal etc) he seems to do well on that so thats what lil miss will probably be on eventually too.

Edited by Pug Hugger

Ahh, the secret hidden floor panel in the airline crates..

Does anyone know if Cocprice is avaliable in SA? I am (hopefully) going to need some for a puppy :laugh:

20kg!

12kg!

Rascal just throw a few kilos in the crate with her on the way over - hopefully she won't guts it all :)

Yes that one! :laugh:

Ahh, the secret hidden floor panel in the airline crates..
Does anyone know if Cocprice is avaliable in SA? I am (hopefully) going to need some for a puppy :)

20kg!

12kg!

Rascal just throw a few kilos in the crate with her on the way over - hopefully she won't guts it all :rofl: