Male Pupple Names.

husky princess

Naming a pup is my favourite part of the whole process (I know I'm a strange one)

When I got my recent pup it was between a few French names as I already have Remy so I wanted a name to compliment him. So now I have Jacques and Remy. Others I liked but didn't fit were:

Armand

Etienne

Dax

Pascal

Jules

Thierry

Of course the 3 Muskateers are always good names: Athos, Porthos, Aramis

I also like Russian names (Boris is the name of my cousin's GSD, and he suits it well.....damn sneaky Russian)

Arkady

Vladimir

Sasha

Aleksi

Yuri

Nikolai

[these are all about pronounciation of course!]

My favourite series, by William Horwood, called the Wolves of Time has some beautiful names (inspired by cities, mountains, lakes etc. in Europe I believe)

Abruzzo

Ambato

Aragon

Baillo

Klimt

Kobrin

Kubrat

Lounel

Morten

Tervicz

Torne

Umbrio

Vollutt

You can't go past Greek gods names either.

Some chief gods...

Apollo

Ares

Hades

Zeus

River gods...

Acheron

Lethe

Styx

Other heroes/interesting names...

Archilles

Ajax

Adonis

Aeolus (anyone remember the Hercules series hehehe?)

Alastor

Balius

Charon

Dioscuri

Hypnos

Icarus

Lycus

Morpheus

Notus

Nox

Orion

Xanthus ...amongst many, many others

Mythological creatures give fantastic names: Phoenix, Griffin, Pegasus, Dragon, Imp, Banshee, Ghost/Spook/Phantom, Goblin, Kelpie :laugh: , Sphinx, Satyr, Seraphim, Elf

OMG I'm probably boring you all.... :laugh:

Edited by Fevah

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ephron

Elijah (lijah for short)

Jensen

McDermott (GNW fan couldn't help but put that one in!!)

Max Power (hmmn can't remember where that ones from)

Beamer

Boomer

Everest (mountain theme??)

Pegasus

Thor

Iccarus

Iggy

Mitre (10)

Kraven

pick a theme maybe your favourite football teams surnames???

favourite movie, book, singer, band, suburb names, places you want to visit?????

Naming a pup is my favourite part of the whole process (I know I'm a strange one)

When I got my recent pup it was between a few French names as I already have Remy so I wanted a name to compliment him. So now I have Jacques and Remy. Others I liked but didn't fit were:

Armand

Etienne

Dax

Pascal

Jules

Thierry

Of course the 3 Muskateers are always good names: Athos, Porthos, Aramis

I also like Russian names (Boris is the name of my cousin's GSD, and he suits it well.....damn sneaky Russian)

Arkady

Vladimir

Sasha

Aleksi

Yuri

Nikolai

[these are all about pronounciation of course!]

My favourite series, by William Horwood, called the Wolves of Time has some beautiful names (inspired by cities, mountains, lakes etc. in Europe I believe)

Abruzzo

Ambato

Aragon

Baillo

Klimt

Kobrin

Kubrat

Lounel

Morten

Tervicz

Torne

Umbrio

Vollutt

You can't go past Greek gods names either.

Some chief gods...

Apollo

Ares

Hades

Zeus

River gods...

Acheron

Lethe

Styx

Other heroes/interesting names...

Archilles

Ajax

Adonis

Aeolus (anyone remember the Hercules series hehehe?)

Alastor

Balius

Charon

Dioscuri

Hypnos

Icarus

Lycus

Morpheus

Notus

Nox

Orion

Xanthus ...amongst many, many others

Mythological creatures give fantastic names: Phoenix, Griffin, Pegasus, Dragon, Imp, Banshee, Ghost/Spook/Phantom, Goblin, Kelpie :) , Sphinx, Satyr, Seraphim, Elf

OMG I'm probably boring you all.... :laugh:

Hi Fevah, great name btw. Thanx heaps that is alot, and very interesting indeed. I love Ares, Aragon, Phantom and more. Oh yeah and etienne is a great french name. :laugh:

Ephron

Elijah (lijah for short)

Jensen

McDermott (GNW fan couldn't help but put that one in!!)

Max Power (hmmn can't remember where that ones from)

Beamer

Boomer

Everest (mountain theme??)

Pegasus

Thor

Iccarus

Iggy

Mitre (10)

Kraven

pick a theme maybe your favourite football teams surnames???

favourite movie, book, singer, band, suburb names, places you want to visit?????

Hi Littlebear, great list especially Jensen and Mitre 10 LOL that is so hot. Max Power awesome name, and it's from THE SIMPSON'S episode when homer changes his name and gets treated a lot better and welcomed into high society.

I used to go for melbourne demons so was thinking DEMON was a cool name or MARLEY? :laugh:

You could add your own little twist to it ->

Daemon

Daimon

Devil

Satan

Lucifer

Marley....hehe have you read 'Marley and Me'? Great dog story.

Or perhaps you like the names of Bob Marley's sons?

Damian

Julian

Ziggy

Ky-Mani

Stephen

Rohan

God, I have GOT to stop this!

I used to go for melbourne demons so was thinking DEMON was a cool name or MARLEY? :laugh:

Aah but look out, ever since that book came out there has been a massive increase of young dogs I've met called Marley!

Which is like Diesel - when we got him, people thought it was an unusual name. Now there are tons of Diesels everywhere. Only cool dogs get the name though :laugh:

What about Bass? (pronounced base, not bass as in Bass Strait)

I love that name, it popped into my head when I was helping name a friend's new bullmastiff x girl the other week. They ended up calling her Mia though.

You could add your own little twist to it ->

Daemon

Daimon

Devil

Satan

Lucifer

Marley....hehe have you read 'Marley and Me'? Great dog story.

Or perhaps you like the names of Bob Marley's sons?

Damian

Julian

Ziggy

Ky-Mani

Stephen

Rohan

God, I have GOT to stop this!

Hi Fevah, You are like the unique name registry lovit. Thank you and I didn't realise bob marley had so many children with cool names! :)

I was thinking about this last night on the way home and decided I liked:

Travis

Archie

Alfie

Sebastian

James

Freddie

Jack

Basically - English boys names :)

Still can't work out how to quote... :laugh:

Hi nksyd, I love Alfie but reminds me of the movie played by Jude Law and I dislike his image at the moment LOL. Oh and I sent you a message. Thank u also. :)

I have all my male dogs names picked out :cry: .

I have:

Tank

Mowgli

Ziggy

Pancho

Malakye (if i was ever gonna own a malalute or sibe, i would use this name ;) )

Hi Roxy Lady, thank you for your contribution. And love Malakye and your right it does suit a mala or sibe. Tank is awesome too. :laugh:

I used to go for melbourne demons so was thinking DEMON was a cool name or MARLEY? :)

Aah but look out, ever since that book came out there has been a massive increase of young dogs I've met called Marley!

Which is like Diesel - when we got him, people thought it was an unusual name. Now there are tons of Diesels everywhere. Only cool dogs get the name though :)

What about Bass? (pronounced base, not bass as in Bass Strait)

I love that name, it popped into my head when I was helping name a friend's new bullmastiff x girl the other week. They ended up calling her Mia though.

Hi ell&diesel, I know what your saying Diesel is popular hence your pup but it's so cool like Vin Diesel and he is rockin. :o . Marley yes a friend of mine said the same thing when I suggested it. Bass aka base is nice and different first I've heard of it. But I suppose names suit different breeds and personalities also. Thank you for your contribution. :laugh:

i think its difficult to name any animal or human untill you have it in front of you,
i think its difficult to name any animal or human untill you have it in front of you,

I agree...

Also certain names go better with certain breeds.

Is true but just widening the name book thats all. :laugh:

I Just love Higgins, the guy off Magnum PI , but would need to be a solid build I think

Higgins

Jerome

Memphis

Vegas

Hunter

Mason

Cougar

I always write down any names I hear girl or boy just incase one day I will need them - you never know!!!!!

Some breeds do suit certain names --->

I knew an Italian Greyhound called Flash.

A Whippet called Prince.

A Dalmatian called Oscar (he was a silly thing).

A bitch German Pointer called Diana (like the goddess of hunting). She was a feisty, adventurous lass don't chya know?

A GSD called Agat (pronounced: ah-ghat, Polish for Agate).

A GSD called Zboj (pronounced: z-boi, Polish for thief).

Yesterday I went to the dog park and met a Pug called Chubby, a Labrador called BooBoo :laugh:, a Staffy called Buddy and various others which I have forgotten. I think its always interesting to find out what people call their dogs.

I like the idea of Buddy, because ultimately that is what your dog is!

Others along those lines could be:

Mate

Pal

Friend

Ally

Comrade

Words for 'friend' in different languages:

Vriend (Afrikaans)

Sahib (Arabic)

Amicus (Latin)

Amigo (Spanish)

Mik (Albanian)

Bondhu (Bengali)

Bandu (Sinhalese)

Dost (Persian)

Ven (Danish)

Venn (Finnish)

Philos (Greek)

Tomodachi (Japanese)

Caraid (Gaelic)

Rafiki (Swahili)

Barat (Hungarian)

Freund(German)

Teman

Kawan

Sahabat

Sobat

Sobin (all of the above Indonesian)

Przyjaciel (Polish) (pronounced: pshy - ya - chel)

:laugh:

If I had a Doberman (again) I'd call it Elvis (again),

if I had a Golden Retriever I'd call it Honey,

if I had a Min Pin I'd call it Pegasus,

if I had a Rotti I'd call it Shrek or Fiona,

if I had a Chi I'd call it James or Elizabeth,

but my Tibetan terrier is called Rosie because my son thought it was a cool name for a black scruffy dog.

A shout out to....

rommimum great names, MEMPHIS, MASON, HUNTER and more. Love em. I agree many names that are very versatile both boy and girl. Thank you for your contribution. Keep em coming if you have any more hot suggestions. :laugh:

indigirl YES YES love alien movies and RIPLEY also, so you have a friend indeed. Also love love KAOS which is mentioned by another admirer. Good luck with your new pup bet is gonna have an awesome name to go with it. Thank you also for your input much appreciated and feel free to add more if they spring to mind. :)

Fevah as always you are my name dictionary, excellent addition and compliation very interesting and different names which is a bonus. If only we could have more dogs to name right. LOL. CHUBBY that is soooo mean, must be an in house joke or something but thank goodness the dog doesn't know what it means. :laugh: You must've been giggling hearing a few of those names. Thank you much appreciated and looking forward to more from you, if you can spare more of you quality time. :eek:

bustam Oh I adore KENZI, BOSTON and once again by popularity KAOS. KENZI is so unusual and exotic, would definitely stick out in a crowded park. KAOS is mentioned a second time now previously by INDIEGIRL. Must be spreading.

Thank you very much for your valuable addition has made a conversation starter among friend's about unique names, and hope to see more from you if you can spare a few moments. :rofl:

shoshana oh yes if only we could use all those dream names on our dream pets, we would be smothered by fur. Honey is an awesome name for a GRD. Great names and nice choices in breeds. And your son definitely hit the mark with that analysis, cool name.

Thank you for your additional contribution and hope to see more. :laugh:

Today I thought of KYRO, BANDIT, MADDOX, LARZ, SHIA, RONIN, KNOX and LENNOX. SHIA is hebrew for 'GIFT FROM GOD.' :love: