Want To Try A Prong Collar

Wow, just used a borrowed prong on my dog- AMAZING!!!! :laugh:

NO pulling at all, total respect and heeling. I am getting one of my own ASAP. :)

But I need a cover, does anyone know where I can get one?- I am not looking forward to the do-gooder comments :laugh: . I have had enough trouble using a check chain in the past.

I did that today :)very stylish!

I had read somewhere though that someone makes custom made covers and thought that might be handy.

I have to say I am VERY nervous about using one day to day, not for the dog but for the potential crap I am going to cop. :laugh:

I live in a very PC area with lots of smaller dogs or people whose dogs are "so well behaved they never need to be on leash" :laugh:.

Im sure my neighbours already are considering calling the RSPCA on me after seeing my trainer and I using basic correction techniques on my dog

Edited by ✽deelee

But KateyKK .... if the nose strap is so loose, all you're really walking him on is the martingale collar component anyway.

Which is a good sign for Scrimp! I was going to order a new martingale for Lil, may as well order a plain old martingale for Scrimp too, see how the little fella handles it. :laugh:

Here ya go! I got two from here ...

http://www.cozycritter.com/prongcovers.htm

Not cheap though, for what they are.

Thanks, they look great! :laugh: Do you think they have enough choice of pattern? Must be about 100 on there- plus the custom option!

Would be simple to make actually :laugh: .

Til then bandana like Kavik!

eta: Evie is snoring away after her post prong walk!!

Edited by ✽deelee

Zero has a built in prong collar cover! Though if i had a short coated breed, i would be getting a cover. Too many people giving uninformed opinions for my liking!

Exactly. Usually in not a very nice way either. :laugh:

Thanks for the tips guys!

And sorry to the OP for highjacking!! :laugh: Though to you I say- go the prong!!