Bedding And Other Queries

inbox

Hi everyone

Currently I'm using old bath towels for my pup to sleep with since he already ruined the past 3 beds we got him.

I'm just wandering since he chews a lot on the towels that could the cloth be dangerous to him? Or is there really anything dangerous about it?

It is well kept clean as well though.

Instead of a bed, I'm thinking of making my own sort of pillow that would be hard covered so he cant chew through em and sleep with it. Although don't know the sort of material i could use for this purpose, does anyone know or tried this sort of thing?

Also does this towel eating promote him from biting hard and not learning to bit softer like on me?

I'm worried he will not learn to soften his bites on others and me

Thanks for the help

Edited by inbox

Hi everyone

Currently I'm using old bath towels for my pup to sleep with since he already ruined the past 3 beds we got him.

I'm just wandering since he chews a lot on the towels that could the cloth be dangerous to him? Or is there really anything dangerous about it?

It is well kept clean as well though.

Instead of a bed, I'm thinking of making my own sort of pillow that would be hard covered so he cant chew through em and sleep with it. Although don't know the sort of material i could use for this purpose, does anyone know or tried this sort of thing?

Thanks for the help

Something like this: http://www.snooza.com.au/products/d1000.shtml

They use "denier".

Snoozer products are pretty pricey, and if you're dog's still inclined to chew (as most puppies are), I'd just stick with something cheap for now.

Lol Denier isn't actually a type of fabric. It refers to the density of the fabric. So a higher denier just means that it's stronger/thicker.

Does your pup actually eat bits of the towel, or does he just chew it up and rip it up? I'm sure it's fine as long as he's not actually swallowing it.

My dog ripped up a few beds, several towels and a piece of carpet that I put inside her kennel. She now has a trampoline bed for outdoors which she can't destroy. I now line her crate with a folded up polar fleece blanket folded up several times. She's been fine with that, hasn't ripped it up!

I just went to one of the cheapie stores and picked up some fleecy blankets for $7 or so each and she has a few of them in there along with a crate mat. Although I have to say my BC pup is pretty non-destructive and prefers to snuggle into the blankets then kill them.

• 3 weeks later...

My puppies have been going through one bed a week!!! Two months back I bought super strong 'almost chew proof' bean bags. They put holes in them within two days. Now I have bought trampoline beds for them and they have lasted two months. And they seem to enjoy the beds too.