Mucky Eyes

Vixn00

I am just asking for opinions.

My BC Sabre seems to be having a lot of muck in his eyes the last few days. I wipe it away about 3 to 5 time s aday. Its not sticky but is sometimes green in colour..

Do dogs get conjunctivitis?

Also and this is a weird Question I know. Being A BC he has fairly longish hair. His penis has a fair bit of hair leading of the end of it that i am sure he uses to aim with but latley i have noticed sometimes that the hair is either yellow in colour or a slight green tinge where the hair is stained? Shoudl I be worried?

Hey!

Dogs do get conjunctivitis but id say its hust him getting more dust in his eyes than usual. If it continues for more than a week not looking normal tghen get him cheched out by a vet and as for his penis boys will be boys and sometimes they grt a little yellow and sticky there but its nothing to worry about. again only worry if he trains to go to the toilet or excesivly licks. He's such a stunner im sure he's getting big now!

I use cold black tea (or chamomile (sp) tea) whenever my dogs look like they are getting mucky/itchy/conjunt eyes - and do the same for myself...lol.

How old is Sabre? The discharge around his penis could just be the mucus that is used to let the penis withdraw back into the sheath - not sure that's the right term etc but you know what i mean! Usually dogs will keep themselves pretty clean...just because they can :p :confused:

I use cold black tea (or chamomile (sp) tea) whenever my dogs look like they are getting mucky/itchy/conjunt eyes - and do the same for myself...lol.

How old is Sabre? The discharge around his penis could just be the mucus that is used to let the penis withdraw back into the sheath - not sure that's the right term etc but you know what i mean! Usually dogs will keep themselves pretty clean...just because they can :p :)

Sabre is 18 weeks old now.

Thanks for the tea remedy I use this if it continues. Today he seems fine so may be just dust as GRG said.

As for his boy bits... They seem ok today too so as I said thinki ws worrying a bit.

And yup GRG he is getting so big. Cant wait till next SA DOL meet to show him off.

The discharge around his penis could just be the mucus that is used to let the penis withdraw back into the sheath - not sure that's the right term etc but you know what i mean!

No. Around these parts *cough* the correct term is "willy goo". :D :hug::)

Ok, ok. It's really called smegma.

The discharge around his penis could just be the mucus that is used to let the penis withdraw back into the sheath - not sure that's the right term etc but you know what i mean!

No. Around these parts *cough* the correct term is "willy goo". :):confused: :confused:

RAOFLMAO :o:o:o:):):)

No. Around these parts *cough* the correct term is "willy goo". :rofl::kissbetter::hug:

Hehehe....those were the words i was looking for :cry:

So glad i didn't call one of my cats Smegal...i'd hate to think of his nickname after reading this thread otherwise...and he is a manky lil cat :hug:

Edited by KitKat

I think you should go to the vet. Dogs have a lot of the same eye conditions that we get.

My dog also got an infected penis - it was totally gross. I had to pull back the sheath rub cream in the area 3 times a day ..... he didn't seem to mind :rofl: I said to the vet "surely you can give him an injection for this" but no, topical cream was what was needed.