How Much Should Puppy Eat?

Roach

How much should a pup eat? :confused:

Darmah's 12weeks old, and a barrel! :mad she has a small handfull of kibble in the morning, bits and peices during the day while OH is training with her then her meat meal of a night time...

she is always on the scab for more.. :rolleyes:

post-25801-1221803857_thumb.jpg

PS: My concern is that if I let her eat until she cant fit another thing, she will just keep eating because it's there not becuase she's hungry. I thought I was giving her enough.. :mad

Edited by Roach

yeah.. he said like a small handfull of raw hamberger mince.. I must admit I have been naughty, she's been having what Nik has (cooked chicken & Lamb mince, brown rice & vegies) becuase she turned her nose up at the hamberger mince and went straight for Nik's stuff.. so they have been getting the same.

I know it sounds like a stupid question, but Nik burries what ever food she cant eat, Darmah just keeps eating... hollow legs.. :rofl:

Hamburger mince is next to useless, as is cooked mince , pasta and rice.

If she eats the kibble and you're happy with that stick with it and swap the other stuff for chicken wings, lamb flap, chicken carcass, rabbits, whole fish, other raw meaty bones etc.

Give her a meal that gives her something to do, she'll thank you for it.

Very cool, Thanks. Yeah the first thing we did when we got her home was worm her... she loves food.. which has prooving to be handy for training... I tried her on lamb flaps on the weekend - between that and Kindney's... She seemed to fill up.. I also gave her a Lamb shank, raw, she was quite happily chewing on that for most of the night. It's quite funny to see such a little dog running around with such a big bone... she took it everywhere with her, then when she'd had enough she burried it.. Guess she picked that bit up from Nik.. :thumbsup: Thanks Heaps for the advise on food... most places tell you to cook their meat and that mince, rice, or pasta is a good thing... I have been trying a bit of everything..

post-25801-1222048148_thumb.jpg

I tried her on minced steak.. thinking it was less fatty than hamberger mince - but she turned her nose up.. so I wont be getting that again. Nik's a garbage guts and eats just about everything, so trialing new food for Darmah has been easy, we have had to seperate them at tea time tho, Darmah was trying to pinch Nik's & she wont eat out of the little ones dish.

I'll keep trying new things, but certainly will consider food for them differently now. :thumbsup: Cheers Heaps..