K9 Force In Qld

Seita

Ahhh Spotty we are going to have an interesting drive down with Bakari & Mia in the back of the car :cry:

I'm sitting on the roof :happydance2:

:mad

I've always told people to let their dogs give Kari a warning nip because he wouldn't learn and I find it difficult to forcibly remove him due to his size, once we got Meisha he soon learned... his mum doesn't take any s$%t :cheer:

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it'll only be Bakari & Mia that may be the in your face lunatics so hopefully they will wear each other out and leave the others alone :cheer:

:rofl:

Mia is just...curious...:happydance2:

Wait till she wears out?? Wears out?? :cry::mad

We are in for a loooooooong weekend :p

I wanted to see if I can get some tips on how to make Mia less friendly? when she meets other dogs. She doesn't take the hint when another dog doesn't want to be tapped on the head with her paw :rofl:

eta: is there also a creek for dogs to swim in? or did I dream that?

:(:( I'm coming to see how to get Monah to be MORE friendly!!! She will EAT anyone who puts a paw on her head :( I never let it get to that as I don't want her telling another dog off, God knows where that would end!!! I think it's because she was an only pup with no litter mates, she has no tolerance with NEW dogs, and is in fact more frightened than aggressive and will happily play off lead with quieter dogs. GAWWWDDDD, I hope it's not TOOOOOO embarrassing for me, please forgive me now ;)

Who was worried about having the smallest dog??? I'm worried about being the OLDEST person :eek: I might bring my knitting :p

Monah I'm old and I'm attending Sat. I hope there is room to move through to give dogs space.

Could someone tell me is this place easy to find? Just follow signs to the airport basically? I am a city street rat and don't adventure much outside of that. :rofl:

Who was worried about having the smallest dog??? I'm worried about being the OLDEST person :eek: I might bring my knitting :p

Monah I'm old and I'm attending Sat. I hope there is room to move through to give dogs space.

Pffft - neither of you are old! If it wasn't for Spotty I would be the youngest one there, now that's embarrassing :rofl:

Who was worried about having the smallest dog??? I'm worried about being the OLDEST person :laugh: I might bring my knitting :p

You can make me some socks :rofl:

I'm good at socks!! :o

Rocco1, I'm guessing there will be space, I hope so, as we are learning about aggression. I'd hate Monah to give us all a lesson :(:laugh: I'll be at the bottom of the class :laugh: As it is I have to stand away from everyone at agility etc. :eek: I just love that 'left out' feeling :rofl:

I have NO idea where to go at all, last gold coast visit was 1994 to the 'worlds' with the kids. I'm too country so GC is a bit much for me. Mr. Tomtom will find it :rofl: ;)

i have yet to sign up but i am very interested.

i want to bring my dog and have the all clear from K9 Force to bring if i am confident in handling her. this i can do.

my question is: where can i leave my dog when it is just seminar time? because of her issues she can't be left with other dogs. if i come i will drive down both days.

i want to bring my dog and have the all clear from K9 Force to bring if i am confident in handling her. this i can do.

my question is: where can i leave my dog when it is just seminar time? because of her issues she can't be left with other dogs. if i come i will drive down both days.

gads, I'm only going to the day sessions so you bring your dog with you for that time. I'm taking a crate to put him in, but I'll be sitting next to it :laugh:

gads, I'm only going to the day sessions so you bring your dog with you for that time. I'm taking a crate to put him in, but I'll be sitting next to it :laugh:

so we sit with our dogs during the seminars? outdoors?

so we sit with our dogs during the seminars? outdoors?

technically but the workshops are outside underneath a big training centre thingy... have a look on the camp tailwaggers website:

http://www.coolangattapetmotel.com/

in the options menu chose "Camp tailwaggers holiday cabins" and then scroll down for the pics of the training centre.

Edited by huski

Hrmmm.

How big is that relative to a sibe :laugh:

gads, is he destructive? I might be able to bring a spare crate along.

ETA: Though if you're having trouble with your dog with aggression then it'll probably be recommended that you buy a crate anyway.

Edited by Lord Midol

this is leila.

1gk9rl.jpg

the only time she is angry is when she doesn't feel in control.

edited: she isn't uncontrollable and it is predictable, so we just don't put her in situations where she feels threatened. she isn't destructive - will sleep all day.

example of her behaviour - walking up to an off leash area; smells dogs -tail goes up ears prick; gets close and starts to whimper "i want to play"; dogs approach with gusto and then she starts to growl; dogs could even approach cautiously but if the intro doesn't follow her rules she likes to snap and get angry. it only happens with dogs of same size. when this starts it's time to move on.

if my wife and i decide to go than yeah, i'd love to borrow a crate - it would take away the stress

post-26242-1224498263_thumb.jpg

Edited by gads

I'll bring my 42'' crate for you to use, normal wire crate. My GSD is in it but he can jump into the smaller one for the weekend.

i'm still undecided about going (just that it is whole weekend). i will pm you tomorrow. thanks for offer

what's a GSD?