K9 Force In Qld

Seita

Maybe I should've let Bakari sit next to you Bec.... He had a great time chasing, catching and trying to eat them :birthday: I'm sure that he'd eat anything!

Thanks Monah! Bakari behaved really well, which surprised me. Even in the accidental recall practice :o

I had a really good weekend. Thanks to everyone, it was a really good bunch of people.

Midol, I'm going to tell everyone you are really lovely - totally wreck your reputation :( Really wish I'd got a photo of Montu licking Bakari on the nose through the fence! That was so cute!

Steve, I told you we'd be as talkative as we are on here :rofl:

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe what a difference these small changes have made in my dog already!

I did 3 small sessions with Loki today and only got bitten twice :birthday: ! Usually, I'm bitten at least 4 times in a session before I call it quits :o I even managed to keep him in drive and give him a few commands with the tug on the ground! When I gave him the break command, he made as if to launch at me, looked a bit confused, then raced AWAY from me to the tug and brought it back for a game :rofl: WOOOHOOOO!!!!! This is only going to get better and better!!!! No more bites! No more blood! No more bruises and ripped clothing!!!! No more losing my temper at my dog and ruining the whole session!!!!

THANK YOU STEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The good news is that I took her for a walk today, practising Steve's loose leash technique and well, it was the best walk we've ever had together. :laugh: I'm determined to make her life a lot happier and a lot less stressful and this weekend was the first of many babysteps. Steve, you're a gem. I'll email you soon with a million questions. Hershey and I thank you!

That's great news TL! Hershey is adorable. Daisy would have been 100 times worse with barking and whinging but because she would have been so darn excited :rofl::rofl: I have to make a video of her doing drive development because she is responding so well to the tug toy :laugh:

Oh and Mojo is just adorable! :rofl:

Mcg, glad to hear there was no torn clothing :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by huski

Oh and Mojo is just adorable! :rofl:

He reeeeeeeeeeeally wanted to play with Mischa. :rofl: Actually he whispered in my ear and asked if that was his Mummy and I had to break the news that Mischa is actually a boy. He's just so darn pretty.... :rofl: You're lucky that my daughter Kaiah didn't sneak him into our cabin actually - she's obsessed and hasn't stopped talking about him! :laugh:

:laugh::rofl: Funny little bugger :rofl: Kaiah was just adorable. She is welcome to have Micha pats and cuddles whenever she likes!

Big thanks to Seita, Steve and Camp Tailwaggers for a fantastic workshop :laugh:

In the days leading up to the aggression workshop, my OH had been asking me, "Do we really have to go?" but afterwards he was absolutely buzzing about how much we had learnt. We're now wishing we'd stayed for the whole weekend!! And it was great to meet all you DOL'ers, everyone was as lovely and friendly as I had expected.

Can't wait for the next workshop Steve, we will definately be there :laugh:

Arrgggg... first fight... damn jealous / possessive prick of a dog. Anyone want a pied male frenchie??? I'll even pay transport costs :laugh:

Starving them both tonight. Did TOT this morning and neither of them cared about the food, so will try it again in the morning when they are hopefully hungry and get a reaction. I don't believe that it's cause they are looking for my release.

So, where can I buy a good tug toy for Callista???

Arrgggg... first fight... damn jealous / possessive prick of a dog. Anyone want a pied male frenchie??? I'll even pay transport costs :laugh:

Starving them both tonight. Did TOT this morning and neither of them cared about the food, so will try it again in the morning when they are hopefully hungry and get a reaction. I don't believe that it's cause they are looking for my release.

I have a couple of orbee balls that I bought from Steve - they are available on his website :laugh:

I have a couple of orbee balls that I bought from Steve - they are available on his website :laugh:

Callista was taking my fingers out using the ball. I want the tug that Steve was using, but they aren't on the website... might have to send him an email and find out where to get one from. Until she's a bit more focused I'd like to keep my hands away from where she's aiming.

Callista was taking my fingers out using the ball. I want the tug that Steve was using, but they aren't on the website... might have to send him an email and find out where to get one from. Until she's a bit more focused I'd like to keep my hands away from where she's aiming.

Dogdude might be able to make you one?

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=149354

I'm not nice -.-

:rofl: Too late now Midol, reputation is in ribbons!!!!!!!!

Sparky, Frenchie here please!!! Your two were so good, are you sure you're not exaggerating?? :rofl::) ;)

Tigerlily, it was great being your neighbour, lovely children and doggies. Must say, I really really fell for Mojo, a real goofball boy!! Gorgeous. Your daughter is the first child to stroke Monah without a LOT of supervision from me. although I was (cough cough) crapping myself, I was very pleased Monah behaved!! Your daughter is just lovely :rofl:

I too can't wait for steves next session in QLD. How about Hervey Bay Steve?? :) No, I would'nt do that to the rest of you :)!! The spinone is a real sweetie. I'd love to learn to properly use drive training for both dogs. Stupid question, my two do not like anything hard or rubbery (toys) so what would be an alternative to an orbee ball?? Anything at all?? Like a small soft toy?? Is it just as long as you have the toy at all times etc?? I'm guessing all other toys are removed and not used? sorry, I missed the sunday session after lunch. When the dog whinges and carries on for the toy do you ignore, get them to do something to have the toy or use a correction?? Not that Monah would ever whinge :rofl::rofl:

Also, OT. I had to have my 15 year old cattle dog PTS last night. Vet came to the house and daughter assisted him, Pindi had liver cancer and yesterday could not eat, drink, get up etc. She went downhill in a huge way from Sunday to Monday, very fast. Awful. we are devastated, she grew up with the kids etc. and was a very very very special girl. Waiting to see the change of dynamics here. RIP Pindi :D Bloody dogs :)

Also, OT. I had to have my 15 year old cattle dog PTS last night. Vet came to the house and daughter assisted him, Pindi had liver cancer and yesterday could not eat, drink, get up etc. She went downhill in a huge way from Sunday to Monday, very fast. Awful. we are devastated, she grew up with the kids etc. and was a very very very special girl. Waiting to see the change of dynamics here. RIP Pindi :rofl: Bloody dogs :rofl:

Sorry to hear that :rofl:

RIP Pindi :rofl:

I'm not nice -.-

:rofl: Too late now Midol, reputation is in ribbons!!!!!!!!

Sparky, Frenchie here please!!! Your two were so good, are you sure you're not exaggerating?? :rofl::) ;)

Tigerlily, it was great being your neighbour, lovely children and doggies. Must say, I really really fell for Mojo, a real goofball boy!! Gorgeous. Your daughter is the first child to stroke Monah without a LOT of supervision from me. although I was (cough cough) crapping myself, I was very pleased Monah behaved!! Your daughter is just lovely :rofl:

I too can't wait for steves next session in QLD. How about Hervey Bay Steve?? :) No, I would'nt do that to the rest of you :)!! The spinone is a real sweetie. I'd love to learn to properly use drive training for both dogs. Stupid question, my two do not like anything hard or rubbery (toys) so what would be an alternative to an orbee ball?? Anything at all?? Like a small soft toy?? Is it just as long as you have the toy at all times etc?? I'm guessing all other toys are removed and not used? sorry, I missed the sunday session after lunch. When the dog whinges and carries on for the toy do you ignore, get them to do something to have the toy or use a correction?? Not that Monah would ever whinge :rofl::rofl:

Also, OT. I had to have my 15 year old cattle dog PTS last night. Vet came to the house and daughter assisted him, Pindi had liver cancer and yesterday could not eat, drink, get up etc. She went downhill in a huge way from Sunday to Monday, very fast. Awful. we are devastated, she grew up with the kids etc. and was a very very very special girl. Waiting to see the change of dynamics here. RIP Pindi :D Bloody dogs :)

Oh Monah, I've very sorry that you lost your old girl. It sounds like you did it at the right time though.

Hmmm, TID... I'll be using a tug toy with Callista that I'll hopefully source from Steve... made from fire hose... as I need to be able to hold both ends of the toy with Calli. With time you shouldn't need to have the toy with you at all times, but the dog will still expect a 'reward' (even if it's a stick) from what I understand about the program. All toys should be removed between sessions.

I sent my email to Steve saying to sign me up to module one today! Can't wait!!!

I'm going to start my young bitch on this program too - we were recently contemplating rehoming her due to behavioral problems and lack of time to work on them but I think Steve has made it so simplified (even for me!) that I might be able to work these issues out as well as channel my young bitch's drives to a more useful cause. At the moment, she is driving me CRAZY - she's so bored locked up that she's climbing the walls (older bitch is in season so girls are being kept away from the Loki monster). By the time all of the hormones are finished dripping down the walls here, I will start the young girl on drive building.

Also, OT. I had to have my 15 year old cattle dog PTS last night. Vet came to the house and daughter assisted him, Pindi had liver cancer and yesterday could not eat, drink, get up etc. She went downhill in a huge way from Sunday to Monday, very fast. Awful. we are devastated, she grew up with the kids etc. and was a very very very special girl. Waiting to see the change of dynamics here. RIP Pindi :rofl: Bloody dogs :)

Monah, I'm so sorry to hear about your lovely old girl :rofl: Run free Pindi :rofl: And big hugs to you :rofl: :rofl:

Midol - where do you get the fire hose from cos I need to make myself some tugs too!

Glad to hear that you guys are still raving about the workshop! I was braindead until I fell asleep last night because of it - a total zombie at work yesterday! :confused: