Ticks

havahug

Hey guys just a reminder about Ticks. Had a call from a friend this morning and one of her dogs has gone down with a tick. She is currently in the vet, has been since 7am. Not good as she is 11 years old but otherwise in great health. Keeping my fingers crossed for Haley. She is from our old boys first litter.

Excuse my ignorance, but do we have ticks in Melbourne?

What can we do to avoid them?

I'm perpetually worried about bloat or puppy being stolen or cancer... Yet another thing to add to the list of things to worry about :( Rather be educated and forearmed, however :rofl: x

I hope Haley is doing better haveahug :p My boy is still not in the clear yet.

Haley is still not in the clear. She is really fighting it though. She just sleeps most of the day and is vomitting a bit. She isn't eating and her back end still not working. I just hope the poor baby doesn't have any permanent damage after all of this time :coffee: she is such a sweet little lady

• 1 month later...

I've lost a few clients already :rofl:

One lost a puppy which was bought to replace a dog which died from a tick last summer.

My cat Trevor was rushed to the vet with a tick over the weekend, thankfully he's home now after treatment.

I pulled a tick from Neville the cat this morning, one from Esme the Stafford at lunch and just found one on the back of my neck half hour ago :rofl: