Yellowy Greeny Discharge

MooBoo

I just noticed a big glob of a yellowy greeny pus on the end of my boys penis. It didn't go down into the thing, it was only at the top. Should I be worried, I'm away for the long weekend and don't think the vet will be open.

Thanks

AKA: Cheesy doodle

I feel slightly ill :o

Would it make you feel better if I mentioned that generally it's the dog licking itself that makes the problem flare up? :o

God I need another coffee....I don't think having a toasted cheese sandwich for breakfast was a good idea :cheer:

Bec.

He is a very kisses dog, not anymore!!!!

Just back from the vet, she could find no infection and put it down to him being hormonal. He is still entire and will be til dec, jan, when he is 12 months old. She just said he is getting big boosts of testosterone at the moment. I'll keep an eye on it as he is licking it a bit and I don't want it to become infectious.

I have been having fun though grossing people out by telling them my baby has a cheesy doodle! :-D

• 2 weeks later...
Could be balanitis- an infection in the sheath.. you can wash it out a couple times a day with warm salty water. until you see a vet... or get him to the vet this morning?
Sounds like balanitis to me too. I'd flush with warm saline.
If it doesn't clear up quickly when flushed then get it checked out

I think my boy has this too. So what is involved in the cleaning? Can you just wipe the end with the saline? I sure hope so :thumbsup:

Can you just wipe the end with the saline? I sure hope so sick2.gif

Wiping the end doesn't help- the infection (if it is one) will be in the sheath cavity.

We used to use a plastic syringe----NO NEEDLE

Use warm saline.

Gently insert the tip of the syringe- and squirt :thumbsup:

Ok for those whohave had this problem just thought I'd post :)

My vet said that even though it's green that can be a normal build up of "smegma" (ewwwwww)

My concern was that my boy has been off his food and his back is a bit hunched. The vomiting was more regurgitation (small amounts of clear fluid)

She did all the usual checks then got to the prostate, which was enlarged, and when she put a bit of pressure on it, it was clear from his reaction it was painful.

He is not desexed, so she said she could either give him a shot to reduce the amount of testosterone (and also secretions coming from the penis) then another one in 7 to 8 days. Howver the problem can be a recurring one.

Other option was to desex. So he's booked in for desexing tomorrow...I don't want him to have the possibility of recurring pain and discomfort.

So, hope that helps!

Cheers,

Renee