Not A Problem - But Funny

Melissa4

Hey all,

My four month old tiny maltese is being trained to piddle outside. Its getting better and better as the days go by but lately he has been going outside and pretending to piddle and looks at me waiting for the overreaction praise. :laugh:

I just cant get over it!!!! It's so cute and HILARIOUS! I guess its a really good thing that he is understanding that the praise is for piddling outside.

I just giggle at him and THEN praise him then he looks wondering why I'm not straight on him going GOOOOOD BOOOYYY!

Wondering if anyone else experiences the same funny thing.

hehe looking forward to reading some

Hey all,

My four month old tiny maltese is being trained to piddle outside. Its getting better and better as the days go by but lately he has been going outside and pretending to piddle and looks at me waiting for the overreaction praise. :laugh:

I just cant get over it!!!! It's so cute and HILARIOUS! I guess its a really good thing that he is understanding that the praise is for piddling outside.

I just giggle at him and THEN praise him then he looks wondering why I'm not straight on him going GOOOOOD BOOOYYY!

Wondering if anyone else experiences the same funny thing.

Louie did a similar thing when we were potty training him. We would do praise ad sometime liver treats too. Well Louie worked out that if he did TWO wees on a visit her might get a second bit of liver :laugh: So he would do a bit of wee - come bumbling over for a treat and some praise, then he would run back and finish!

Louie did a similar thing when we were potty training him. We would do praise ad sometime liver treats too. Well Louie worked out that if he did TWO wees on a visit her might get a second bit of liver :laugh: So he would do a bit of wee - come bumbling over for a treat and some praise, then he would run back and finish!

Thats funny!!! Dogs are so clever!!!

Hmm my quote didnt work :S

Edited by Melissa4

Similar here. Another thing mine (also 4 months) does - if he's piddled but doesn't realise I am watching, he semi-holds the 'squat position' until he knows I've seen him .... then he rushes up to me for all the praise and reward that he now knows will follow.

I agree. It is funny.

My girl has started coming and sitting in her crate if I'm at the computer because she gets a treat every night that she goes in there on command. So She's taken to just checking to see if the treats work all the time.

Hahah - So cute.

A couple of weeks ago I was trying to get Tilba, 8 m/o, to come inside. She just stood there looking at me. Then I said, do you want your breakfast. She was inside in a second flat. :laugh:

Edited by luvsdogs

Guest Willow
Similar here. Another thing mine (also 4 months) does - if he's piddled but doesn't realise I am watching, he semi-holds the 'squat position' until he knows I've seen him .... then he rushes up to me for all the praise and reward that he now knows will follow.

I agree. It is funny.

"Mum, quick, Mum, look at me...mum, quick, my legs are starting to ache......!!!" :)

This thread has given me a giggle :love:

I have tried to teach Bruce that he has to wait until I go through a doorway before he is allowed to proceed through, the only problem now is, I leave the back door open for him to go in & out as he needs to, but he won't!

He stands at the open door, looking at me, then at the door, then back at me, back at the door, back at me, like he's saying; "c'mon Mum I wanna do a weeeeee!!" after awhile if I don't notice or just can't get out the door, he'll stand there & do a wee, right in front of the open door!

The idea of teaching I am the boss by my always preceding him through the door is all well & good, but I just can't go outside with him every time he wants to do a two second wee :laugh:

They certainly are much cleverer than we give them credit for I think.