Help - Blood And Runny Poo - All Better Now

benny123

Well only two miniscule liquidy poos from Beanie today followed by one semi solid this afternoon and nothing at all from Spud. They are still bright and cheerful and came for another drive this afternoon so we could stock up on chicken tenderloins and potatoes.

Thankfully they love the car as going for walks is out of the question for fear of spreading this bug to others.

OH and I feel like we've just flown in from London (very tired in a jet lagged sort of way) but the bedroom is still wrapped up like a Christo creation with another possible sleepless night ahead.

ETA: Thank you all for you kind words and advice. This site is wonderful. It's great to be able to communicate with others who understand the enormous love we have for our dogs and how worrying it is when they are not well. And thank you for the lovely complement poodlefan, yes we are dedicated dog lovers and they are treated the same as any other loved one (if not better :laugh: )

Edited by benny123

It could be Gastro.. more precisely Haemorraghic? gastro.

Agreed.

My dog Kyra had the exact same symptoms and she was diagnosed with Gastro and spent 4 days at the vets on fluids and anti biotics.

Hope your pooch is okay. :thumbsup:

Gastrointestinally, everything is back to normal today for both of them. Except for poor Spud who spent today in hospital with cut between his toes. We've no idea how that happened but being on an acre I guess there may have been something sharpish in the yard that we've not discovered yet. He now has stitches and has to wear a sock for 10 days - this will be fun.

When we saw the vet today I asked her to refresh me on the potato rather than rice with chicken for the bland diet as I was so panicked on Sunday night I couldn't really remember.

She said because rice is a grain it can still be quite irritating on an already inflammed intestine, whereas well cooked and well mashed potato doesn't require much effort (if any) by the dog's digestive system to process. It seemed to work very well with my two and was accepted without a problem - perhaps because of the Lab in their heritage. I think it's worth a try for anyone needing a bland diet for an upset stomach.

She said because rice is a grain it can still be quite irritating on an already inflammed intestine, whereas well cooked and well mashed potato doesn't require much effort (if any) by the dog's digestive system to process. It seemed to work very well with my two and was accepted without a problem - perhaps because of the Lab in their heritage. I think it's worth a try for anyone needing a bland diet for an upset stomach.

Thanks for this info. :rofl: I am also having troubles with a dog with diarrhoea and this info has come in handy for me.