Where Are All The Groomers In Adelaide?

hannahpug

HI all, I am new to the list and a groomer from Adelaide. I have been grooming for around 20 years and have had so much trouble finding people to employ. I am prepared to train the right 'doggy person' but they seem to be hard to find. Are there any Adelaide groomers out there with any advice on finding staff?

thanks

Narelle

HI all, I am new to the list and a groomer from Adelaide. I have been grooming for around 20 years and have had so much trouble finding people to employ. I am prepared to train the right 'doggy person' but they seem to be hard to find. Are there any Adelaide groomers out there with any advice on finding staff?

thanks

Narelle

:)

I am currently working but i have been looking for a change for ages... I dont have any experience in grooming except my own :)

Pm me and i will give you my number if you want to ring me for a chat :p

Edited by kiwigirl

thanks

Narelle

Seems to be a common problem here Narelle. A friend of mine is also a groomer here and has a hard time getting decent people to work.

there is currently only one place in adelaide to do any of the TAFE certificates in animal handling (whether the person is wanting to groom, go on to vet nursing or just help out in kennels..) Gilles Plains TAFE. Could explain the lack of people.

Would suggest ringing the TAFe though if you are looking for staff - they could have students or about to graduate students who would like some work.

there is currently only one place in adelaide to do any of the TAFE certificates in animal handling (whether the person is wanting to groom, go on to vet nursing or just help out in kennels..) Gilles Plains TAFE. Could explain the lack of people.

Would suggest ringing the TAFe though if you are looking for staff - they could have students or about to graduate students who would like some work.

hi, thanks for the suggestion however have done that numerous times with no luck!

Hi I own a salon in Adelaide and find it so hard to get half reasonable staff. Once I get a good one i try my darndest to keep them. Best thing is to put up an add at tafe not speciffically the grooning courses because i dont think they are worth the paper they are printed on and maybe put an add up in your window for your clients I have tried a client out as a staff memeber and they were great before they moved interstate. Thats the only advice I can give because i find it hard too. Sorry! Where abouts is your salon because i had someone in today asking for a change in career.

Ediot to add. Dory its sad the number of places that are like that! Thats why it pays as a salon to have an open door policy to clients so they can see how you handle other clients. Sorry you had such a bad run in because it can be such a great industry.

Edited by GoldiesRgr8Poodles2

Hi I own a salon in Adelaide and find it so hard to get half reasonable staff. Once I get a good one i try my darndest to keep them. Best thing is to put up an add at tafe not speciffically the grooning courses because i dont think they are worth the paper they are printed on and maybe put an add up in your window for your clients I have tried a client out as a staff memeber and they were great before they moved interstate. Thats the only advice I can give because i find it hard too. Sorry! Where abouts is your salon because i had someone in today asking for a change in career.

Ediot to add. Dory its sad the number of places that are like that! Thats why it pays as a salon to have an open door policy to clients so they can see how you handle other clients. Sorry you had such a bad run in because it can be such a great industry.

my thoughts exactly about the tafe course. My clipper just quit today even though she told me on Tuesday she would give 2 weeks notice. I now have to cancel 100 dogs for the next two weeks.

I am in the Reynella area and need some help asap now

Hi, I am looking for grooming work, I don't have any experience, but I am a fast learner and hard working. It has always been my interest to work with animals and I have been looking for grooming jobs but they all say, "Must have experience". I am willing to do any additional training, which might be required.

We have just purchased a house and have therefore permanently settled in Adelaide.

Pleas PM me, if you are still looking for someone.