Slicker Brushes

skwo2

After grooming Chelsea daily with Doggyman slick brushes for 2 years, the pins on the brush start to break and fall off.

I have heard that Christ Christensen slicker brushes are quite good, have anyone use it? Any other recommendation of the brand? Chelsea is a Bichon Frise. Not sure if it is my grooming skills or the brush, Chelesa doesn't really like to be brushed with slickers brush, she nags.

Which shop in Sydney has the CC brushes on display, I want to have a look before I buy. (I only find them on online shops)

Lawrence have at least 2 types. I bought one of the soft ones (Tender Care) when my Foxy was about a year old - in 1993 - and I'm still using it. Admittedly if you're grooming a Bichon it would get heavier wear than mine has had.

Edited by WalandLibby

I#ve been using my Doggyman slickers in the salon for ages, no sign of wear on them yet.

Do you use a grooming spray on her to make the coat easier to groom? Are you a little heavy handed with the brush (I've noticed a lot of people who have dogs who aren't keen on the slicker tend to be a bit heavy) or tug at the knots without keeping the skin tight? Bichons are a bit wimpy about being brushed though :rofl:

I use Les Pooche brushes i think they are fantastic... however they are expensive

edit: here's the link http://www.lespoochs.com/brush-red.asp

My Les Poochs has got a stray tooth and that darn tooth sliced thru my fingers! :eek: But it is one of the brushes I will keep for life...makes me feel "posh". haahhaha

I heard that Doggyman has just launced a Pink-handled slicker brush..will be getting one :mad I love Doggyman's greyhound comb...I used one for almost 5yrs until I forgot to pack when I shifted. What a waste!

I use Les Pooche brushes i think they are fantastic... however they are expensive

edit: here's the link http://www.lespoochs.com/brush-red.asp

My Les Poochs has got a stray tooth and that darn tooth sliced thru my fingers! :) But it is one of the brushes I will keep for life...makes me feel "posh". haahhaha

I heard that Doggyman has just launced a Pink-handled slicker brush..will be getting one :rofl: I love Doggyman's greyhound comb...I used one for almost 5yrs until I forgot to pack when I shifted. What a waste!

ouuuuchhhhhhh thats happened to me before so i feel ur pain :thumbsup:

Is there a web site for pink brushes????

Have not seen the pink slickers anywhere yet but my friend who runs a grooming business in Singapore told me that the Doggyman Sales Rep had shown him one. He asked the sales rep "how do you suppose a male groomer use this?". He said that he will have 3 delivered to him in Dec. I really can't wait to see that. Have also asked my sis to check out the Doggyman stuff when she visits Tokyo next month (but all the brushes are made in China now).

I use and sell Lawrence slickers in my mobile grooming salon and swear by them. Additionaly there are no plastic parts so static electricity shocks are not a problem like they can be with the plastic ones. I have had mine for 2 years and they are still as good as new. I would buy a small Tender Care for a bichon.

Good luck with your search for a gr8 brush.

Cheers

Curly1