Fussiest Dog On The Planet

Yes-

go to good vet- get her digestive system checked out :thumbsup:

if all is working as it should...

Then make her up some nice meal.. using a couple of ingredients only- raw, possibly, as she enjoys the chicken necks..

Maybe a half raw chicken.

leave her with it 15 minutes- then remove if untouched.. Offer it , or another , about 12 hrs later....

Sibes can be fussy eaters. Mine is pretty meh about kibble, the only thing he will eat consistently is good raw meat and chicken necks. Mine also thinks dog rolls and my dog is great but those are usually just for when I run out of the other stuff.

Yes-

go to good vet- get her digestive system checked out :thumbsup:

if all is working as it should...

Then make her up some nice meal.. using a couple of ingredients only- raw, possibly, as she enjoys the chicken necks..

Maybe a half raw chicken.

leave her with it 15 minutes- then remove if untouched.. Offer it , or another , about 12 hrs later....

This is what worked with my fussy wooly woofer :thumbsup:

Hey i have a 4 year old siberian husky. she is under weight. the only thing she will eat is chicken necks.

Im trying to get her into showing and I want her looking her best but ofcorse she wont eat and looks thin.

Does anyone have some ideas?

Feed her more chicken necks? Chicken wings would have more fat. Mince can be quite fatty.

trust me, she will hold out longer than I will, thats probly why she gets away with being fussy. she does like mince and raw meat.

she doesnt like chicken wings or anything with big bones.

Is mince very fatty?

It depends on the mince you buy. If you get the ordinary hamburger grade mince, it has quite a bit of fat. The premium mince has much less. I used to buy medium grade, but TD just doesn't like beef at all.

My guy isn't doing too well with bones at the moment even though he likes them, I think due to his ear problems (he came to us with a perforated ear drum, and treatment is long term) so I cut the chicken necks, wings and legs up for him. I spend so much time trying to cut up chicken bone my family gave me a cleaver for my birthday :laugh:

Its fun having a fussy eater isn't it - wouldn't tolerate it in my kids :laugh:

My Japanese Spitz will give your dog a run for his money... !

He will turn his nose up at almost anything.. & he's also underweight. I've started offering him puppy milk or Biolac to help supplement his diet... But I'm having a devil of a time trying to find something he'll eat. Right now, all he'll take reliably is diced casserole beef (pre-packed from Woollies meat dept.) I've tried a fatty mince (so so about this, will only eat it sometimes) chicken necks (won't always eat these) sardines (hardly ever) he won't touch kibble.. Occasionally I can tempt him with cooked kangaroo sausages, but these are pretty lean, so don't help a lot in the calorie department. I'm trying to avoid going down the road of rice & pasta, as I'm loathe to introduce refined carbs into his diet.

Good luck.. it's really frustrating!

My boy's fussy too - he loves Satin Balls and they do put the weight on. There's some recipes in the second post here: http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=81686.

Nope she will not eat satin balls, she did for the first day but after that wouldnt touch them.

As long as you keep offering alternatives the dog will play the game.

Fussy eaters are usually very smart BUT always consider some fussy eaters can be a result of dogs having bad tonsils