Puppy Pen From Bunnings, Corio, Vic

Gamby

I was reading on a post here about creating a puppy pen with some compost mesh ( I think .. ) for about $20 from Bunnings . What a good idea I thought ! So off I went to Bunnings today but alas , I could not find anything in the compost bin section that would make a puppy pen . ( Even the very helpful man could not suggest anything )

If anyone here has experience with this product could you please give me a few more detail and I will go and have another look .

Thanks so much !

Thank you so much Hazel for positing the above query. I got my dog pen today at Bunnings, Corio for about $27.

Mr Scotty, 14 years young has been rolled over by Gambit and he needs complete rest to allow the pain and swelling to subside. I did a search on Google for a puppy pen, found some and then your message was listed.

I walked up and down the aisles that I thought the compost mesh would then had to ask some staff. A girl knew exactly what I was looking for as she uses one of them for her puppy. She said not to worry they have them in stock all the time.

post-6277-1228544556_thumb.jpg

l to r - Miss Annabell, Mister Scotty and Gambit

After reading the original thread about puppy pens/compost frames from Bunnings, I went to my usual Bunnings (35km away) and they had never heard of them. The following week, I went in the opposite direction (40km) to the big new Bunnings super store. Asked for directions to 'compost bins' and viola, 4 of them. $20 each. I took two. May be you should ask them to order them in for you. I need a couple more now for Compost Bins!!!

post-26141-1228562046_thumb.jpg

4 X 700hx900w with springs to fasten sides - I used cable-ties. I also sliced through lengths of old garden hose and fitted it on the bottom (held on with cable-ties) to stop the mesh scratching floor. The mesh is small enough to stop 4-week-old Papillons

getting their heads through (100hx40w).

Has anyone got the bunnings code for these (ie from the reciept). My bunnings doesnt have them, and I just know that if I only have the label to show them they will not be able to find them!!

From one of the old thread about it the stock number was quoted as 3160000.

Has anyone got the bunnings code for these (ie from the reciept). My bunnings doesnt have them, and I just know that if I only have the label to show them they will not be able to find them!!

From one of the old thread about it the stock number was quoted as 3160000.

Just did a quick search on Bunnings online and the above stock number is correct. It comes up as:

<paste>GARDEN COMPOST BIN INCEINERATOR

F/L 3160000

Use this waste cage metal frame as a great alternative to storing all your garden scraps <end paste>

I'm going to go and get a couple for myself. Will come in handy to have a pen set up undercover on the concrete here for wet weather use by the hairy dogs.

I have 2 of them and they are the best thing. :) Have thought of getting another couple to make a bigger pen when they both have to go in together.

I use them for Brydee and she is 3mths now.And have done since she arrived at 8 weeks.

I use dog clips to make the gate part to connect them together.I use it as her pen at home and attach it too a secure fence with the clips.

Good idea about the cable ties though didn't think of that as I have found that the springs that hold them together do wind down.But only need to bend them a little to stop that, just never think about it when I'm in the shed. :thumbsup:

Just did a quick search on Bunnings online and the above stock number is correct. It comes up as:

<paste>GARDEN COMPOST BIN INCEINERATOR

F/L 3160000

Use this waste cage metal frame as a great alternative to storing all your garden scraps <end paste>

I'm going to go and get a couple for myself. Will come in handy to have a pen set up undercover on the concrete here for wet weather use by the hairy dogs.

I didnt even know there was a Bunnings Online!

Arggh I've been to the site and searched for the name, and looked in garden products and cant find it. They dont even have a category for composting in the gardent section. It is a wierd site - my searches all come up with PDF files???

Arggh I've been to the site and searched for the name, and looked in garden products and cant find it. They dont even have a category for composting in the gardent section. It is a wierd site - my searches all come up with PDF files???

http://www.bunnings.com.au/sustainability_...-clippings.aspx

Second from the bottom.

thanks! How silly that they dont have them listed under gardening products!!

I've just rang the Bunnings nearest to work and they have them. Going to clear out their stock now

http://www.bunnings.com.au/sustainability_...-clippings.aspx

Second from the bottom.