Another Lense Topic!

tlc

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys will never believe it, I went to Geelong today and went into the shop I rang to see if they had the lense, (they said over the phone they did) they were very busy, I understand that (I work in retail) so off she went to have a look for the lense and came back and said she didnt think they had it but she would have another look so off she went but on the way served another customer who I think she was in the middle of serving when I came in so I waited and waited and waited and in the end I walked out. It like every thing you go to do these days just no care or service, and I had my 4 dogs in the car it was cold and raining not that they would have cared but I dont like to leave them in the car on thier own for a long time especailly in a big town like Geelong. So I am still lenseless and most annoyed think Im going to have to ebay one, will check it out tomorow!! To top off the day our doggy xmas party at kepala was cancelled due to bad weather, although a few of us decided to go to one of my friends house so the dogs could all have a play and we had a great time one of the girls bought her hubby as santa and all the dogs had thier photos taken with santa it was great, so a shitty day turned out ok in the end anyway!! Im rambling now better hit the sack!!

Barb

Hi,

Not sure if you are still thinking about lenses, but I would definitely look at the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8, this lens is razor sharp throughout the focal range and only costs about $550-600, not as cheap as the Nikkor 50mm 1.8, but a lot more versatile and only a smidgen less sharp at 50mm.

Yes, it's a nice lens.

(My) Tamron 17-50 2.8 XR Di-II LD (Flickr Set)

Hi,

Not sure if you are still thinking about lenses, but I would definitely look at the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8, this lens is razor sharp throughout the focal range and only costs about $550-600, not as cheap as the Nikkor 50mm 1.8, but a lot more versatile and only a smidgen less sharp at 50mm.

Yes, it's a nice lens.

(My) Tamron 17-50 2.8 XR Di-II LD (Flickr Set)

fantastic pics, Just beautiful.

Hubby said he would buy me the lense for xmas so I didnt wanna push my luck with a more expensive lense, and I found out today that he has ordered me one from over seas I hope its ok, will post some pics when I get it and have a play.

this is it

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-NIKON-AF-50mm-f...A1%7C240%3A1318

Ok. But just so you know and for your next purchase, from the Nikon on Broadway site:

Warranty for digital products is only valid in the country of purchase.

**WARNING**

Please be wary of dealers claiming to be able to sell or provide you an international warranty for digital equipment when you are purchasing overseas. THIS IS FALSE. International warranty is unavailable for the above items.

And the prices are cheaper in Australia. :)

STANDARD NIKKOR LENSES

CODE

Product

JAA013DA

AF 50mm f1.8D

Our price $171

RRP $219

I bought my 50mm from Ebay, with no problems for $120.

I want to get my sister one for Christmas & my local camera store is selling them for $199. Personally I would only use Ebay if they were cheaper than what is in stores.

I bought my 50mm F1.8D at my local Diamonds for $189 Saterday.

Oh thats great, have you posted any pics from it yet, maybe I missed them?? The buying of the lense was out of my hands, the other half had it done before I had a chance to stop him :) but hey its ok its not like it is $1000 I will be disappointed if it is dodgy but then you buy on ebay and you take the risk I guess, he wanted me to have it before xmas so I hope it gets here in time.

Ruger, thanks for the heads up about the warranty too, I think if I was paying a lot more money I definatly would have bought locally and preferably from a store that I can go into and see the product....just like in the olden days :) I love ebay and online buying but I still llike to be able to see what Im buying in the flesh!! Cant wait to try it out and Ill post pics when I do!!

I bought my 50mm F1.8D at my local Diamonds for $189 Saterday.

Oh thats great, have you posted any pics from it yet, maybe I missed them??

No, I haven't, it's not easy taking photos with the lens, or maybe it's just my camera skills... :) I will post some photos later and ask for advice, I can't get the focus right. :)

Cant wait till you get it either TLC :cheer: they are fun. I have to get one too when my bank recovers.

We shall have a 50mm 1.8 amature photo comp and VICKIE is not invited :love:

Yea I agree!!!! Maybe we could make Vickie the judge :)

No, I haven't, it's not easy taking photos with the lens, or maybe it's just my camera skills... :) I will post some photos later and ask for advice, I can't get the focus right. :cheer:

Ok not something I wanted to hear, In what way is it difficult, is it only the focus, I was thinking it would be auto focus, is this lens a manual focus?? Oh I dont do manual well!! :love:

Well Sydney was too far to drive so i rang around today. Can you believe not only did Hardly normal just up the road have them in stock, they almost matched the NOB price, they did have a tag of $219 which is RRP and they sold it to me for $181 well done to them I say.

this is a bit crapola as I took it in Raw and have no idea how to post process properly yet and it was getting dark etc etc but here's the first shot. I need to play with Raw a bit more I think. Needs more colour, but i think that may have been the way I took it anyway.

3117102211_198eb8cf01.jpg

Oh here is boogs cant forget him

3117113523_260b05a1de_o.jpg

Edited by rugerfly