Rally Obedience

Feel free to start filling in forms and getting the nasty paperwork done. I"m going to be booking a flight (hopefully) this week and will be in touch privately. Sounds like there will be a great turn out.

Did I not send you the outline of the course which includes fees? There isn't much else I can say that isn't included in that, but if there are any specific questions, let fly and I'll do my best to answer them.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

For those interested in attending the Geelong Rally-O Workshop I now have the Registration form that can be emailed to you.

Registration closes on the 20th April.

The Workshop is being run over 2 days, Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th April.

PART 1 Saturday

Is a Powerpoint presentation that has been developed to help participants every step in understanding Rally, organising a trial, understanding equipment and preparing an area for a trial with an outside Judge. No Dogs present on this day.

PART 2 Sunday

This is designed to be an active part of the seminar, requiring dogs to be in attendance. Dogs are to be in an appropriate working collar, six foot lead, rewards for the dog, crates, water etc. No

There are a few things that need to be confirmed before I put out a flyer. It should be ready by the end of the week.

The more participants the cheaper it gets

Any questions send my an email and If I can't answer your question I'll pass it on to Anglesun.

Wendy

Angelsun, people here getting antsy, want to know details and fill in attendance forms for Sutherland seminar on May 30/31.

As well as our own club members people are coming from Wollongong, Springwood, Gosford, North Shore and everyone is soooo keen. I would like to be able to give them some info so they can include it in their monthly club magazines.

Thanks,

Noels.

are you saying we're antsy MrsDog :thumbsup:

Please let me know when you have the finer details sorted and ready to take names etc

Well if the cap fits..........

Give me this weekend to sort things out and I will get something ready next week.

Gooood puppies, sit, stay........now here's your reward. Ouch, did you have to take my fingers too?

Noels.

Well if the cap fits..........

Give me this weekend to sort things out and I will get something ready next week.

Gooood puppies, sit, stay........now here's your reward. Ouch, did you have to take my fingers too?

Noels.

Excellent :rofl: than we can get those ants out of our pants :D shall hear from you soon than

I have Registration Forms and a Flyer for those interested in finding out a bit more about the upcoming Geelong Rally Obedience Seminar.

Email me privately if you wish to receive a copy. Registration closes on the 20th April 2009

The more people who attend the cheaper it will be, so come on let me know if you want to loearn more about Rally Obedience

SATURDAY Instruction is without dogs.

This day has been developed to help participants through every step of understanding Rally, organising a trial, understanding equipment and preparing an area for a trial with an outside Judge. A Power point presentation is included in the cost.

SUNDAY—this is designed to be an active part of the seminar, requiring the dogs to be in attendance. It is recommended that crates be used to hold dogs between sessions.

Wendy

Details are now finalised for the Sutherland Rally Workshop. If you pm me your email address I will send you registration form and flyer.

This will be held at the Sutherland Dog Training Grounds, Waratah Park, Old Princes Highway, Sutherland. Saturday and Sunday, May 30/31 commencing 9am both days.

This is open to everyone, not just our own club members.

Noels.

Details are now finalised for the Sutherland Rally Workshop. If you pm me your email address I will send you registration form and flyer.

This will be held at the Sutherland Dog Training Grounds, Waratah Park, Old Princes Highway, Sutherland. Saturday and Sunday, May 30/31 commencing 9am both days.

This is open to everyone, not just our own club members.

Noels.

Way to go Noels, so glad you are up and running

And my flights/transport is all booked for these upcoming things starting the end of April and zooming their way through May.

For you Hobart folks..don't forget that I'm there May 23-24th (the only one with flight not booked yet, but going to happen in the next day or so!)

Contact [email protected] for more details and signing up.

Still hoping to do something in Albury area. Chatted with a few on the weekend and want to let folks know that although it CAN be easier to let a club organize, private groups with interest can get this thing off the ground as well.

Quick update that Townsville QLD will be hosting a seminar in mid October. More details to be posted in a month or so as things are finalized and we let some time go past.

Also, have had a few requests/enquiries from NZ and wondering if there are any folks on this forum from there that are considering it, it can certainly be done as a flight from Melbourne to NZ is not a big deal for me. (am going over mid May for other reasons)

Pass the word along to any clubs or people that might be interested and perhaps we can do something there as well in the future.

Just a reminder that Registration for the Rally Obedience Workshop closes on the 20th April.

Heather need to know the numbers so she can organise copies of the Power Point presentation for those attending on Saturday.

I haven't heard from a couple of DOL members. Are you still interested in attending?

I won't be able to reply to messages sent to my computer from the 17th - 22nd April as I'll be in Shepparton for the TCV Tracking Workshop.

You will be able to contact me on my mobile

0400 682 927

There are some great Rally-O videos on You Tube. they range from individual help on an exercise to watching a dog and handler go through a Rally-O course at a trial.

Won't speak out of turn for those in charge of the Sutherland event, but I would say a week before, as I need the time to make sure all my materials are copied and sorted out.

(I should add that last minute registrations are accepted all round, but you won't get the discounted price based on how many are attending and although I always take extra disks and course layout sheets, there may not be enough and they would have to be posted out later)

Hobart flights are booked by the way...so contact Dot Baverstock at [email protected] for more information and to register.

Gamby: let me know numbers asap so I can be sure to get the disks done up. I have a VERY busy week coming up and want to be sure I get everything done before heading down to Geelong on Saturday morning.

Looking foward to meeting everyone at that one!

(will be ringing you probably Wed or Thursday to finalize a few things re: equipment etc)

:):):):thumbsup: One More (well 2 if I ever get to sleep tonight/day) :o and my questions will be answered by Anglesun about Rally Obedience.

The weather forcast doesn't sound too good but after reading the local newspaper we could be lucky and have plenty of rain falling on Sunday night.

If not, it will be a day for wet weather gear :)

I'm so looking forward to actually meeting the DOLers that have been communicating through DOL about Rally-O. If possible I will add some photos of the workshop after the event.

uhm...my raincoat still lives in Canada....mmmmm...might have to hit some shops at some point!

Just a reminder for anyone attending one of these seminars...write down any questions about exercises you have so you remember to ask me how they are expected to be done. Some of them are a bit odd and I've found many interpret them incorrectly and once learned the wrong way, it's damn hard to relearn it the right way!