Rally Obedience

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

biggest thing is to get in touch with a club and have them contact me so that a group can be gathered...but if you can all gather as group...have at it!!

Well I am going to join Mrsdog in Sutherland :wave: .

Add another one for joining MrsDog at Sutherland (since it is my local club). Also, MrsDog (hope that she doesn't mind me saying this) is very passionate about trying to get Rally started in NSW. She intends to start it at Sutherland Club next year, so any support that she could get would be fantastic.

I will be putting together a bunch of dates that are available for seminars for all those that have contacted me. I'm looking at April and May primarily due to the hope that it could be a bit cooler by then in some areas. (Have confirmed second weekend in May for up in QLD)

I'm double checking shedules to be sure that when dates are picked, clubs or groups can advertise properly and hopefully will ensure a good turn out.

Stay tuned....

Do you think Sutherland could be fitted in the last weekend in May? 23/24 May?

April has 6 flyball events, 2 agility and 2 obedience at the Sydney Royal and I've left out all the breed days. Early May has agility trials and Sutherland clubs obedience trial, so end May would work out just fine. Once we have a definite date I will see how many people I can get interested. Don't think there will be any problem.

I will be starting Rally classes early in February, so some people will at least have a little knowledge of what to do.

Noels.

How could I miss this thread?

YES for Sydney, I will try to get people too, of the top of my head I can think of getting about 5-10 that would be interested.

But for me the later date in May the better, I might not be in Australia in May. :thumbsup:

Sutherland Club grounds sound great BTW, well done Noel.

Sutherland pencilled in then for that time....I agree, no need to compete with all the other things going on and the weather should be a bit better then as well.

Have to check the Victoria dog show schedule to be sure on that but will get back to you all shortly.

Others that have contacted me both here and privately..find dates you think might work and let me know. (post here so everyone has a good idea what's up) and we'll figure out if it'll work. I know I"m booked for a dog show March first and another March 14th and one on the 21st of that month. After that..not sure...so lets start really sorting out things. (working on Vic. to start as I will be more mobile in that area first)

Dates currently available but under consideration:

March 28-29

April 25-26

These are weekend dates, however, should there be interest to hold the same thing through the week....we can certainly work on that. I'm hesitant to work only on the evenings as it really can take a lot longer to do this in 3 hour sessions compared to a full day thing, so not my first choice of things.

May 9-10th is up in QLD at this point unless something changes....

Sutherland for the weekend of the 23-24th

Once dates fully confirmed, details as to where I stay and locations and other details as to how things need to be done.

Dates currently available but under consideration:

March 28-29

April 25-26

These are weekend dates, however, should there be interest to hold the same thing through the week....we can certainly work on that. I'm hesitant to work only on the evenings as it really can take a lot longer to do this in 3 hour sessions compared to a full day thing, so not my first choice of things.

Hi

BDAG, Geelong, Vic would be interested in the weekend of 25-26 April. March 28-29 is the BDAG Flyballl Competition

(Bellarine Dog Activities Group)

I commence my Rally-O classes on Thursday. Have sort of set out the class structure as far as getting the members to learn the Rally-O signs and learn how to do the exercises.

Have you any suggestions for me that you feel should be added to the class structure?

Looking forward to the workshop

Wendy

BDAG Rally-O contact

do you have the signs and basic instructions for each station? I have done up a document for the novice exercises (will be doing all levels eventually, just need a few more hours in each day!) for someone up north so that they can get a start on learning the basics. I can send it to you email if you like (email: [email protected] )

Best advice is to keep folks focused and remember that rally can be as precise as say 'drill team' work...I prefer good sharp heeling, and tight turns. Doing 270's and 360's tight as can be is awesome to watch...tip of the day....doing a 270 right turn....the handler turns on the size of a dinner plate....to the left...the dog must learn to turn on that same size plate. Think tight and sharp....that keeps the points up high...and remember...NO tight leads in Novice..if you have a tight lead in novice..you will not have the control needed for the next levels.

Sutherland will be starting Rally classes mid February. We have all the equipment but a crash course in familiarisation with the novice signs seems to be a good place to start. How many hours would you put aside for a beginners course?

We are so lucky to have you coming here to teach us. It is really difficult to do everything from a book and DVD, not impossible, but so much harder.

Just as well you weren't here yesterday: 40c and even hotter out west. Heatwaves not good for people and doggies.

Noels.

Hobart Obedience club in Tasmania has approached about a seminar and suggested dates have been sent out for consideration.

Thanks again for all the interest, and I know that everyone will have such a lot of fun with this....remember..I'm here to ask questions, be it on here, or in person....