Epilesy In Dogs

Hi ,my 16 month old cocker had his first fit last nite ,followed by another this morning ,

I have been to my vet & had full bloods done & await the results .It was a very scary experiance & my first incounter with a dog fitting ,

If any one has any advise Or information ,I would be more than gratefull for such .thankyou

I got a freind with a pom who has the same thing, some times its genetic, sometimes it can be cuased by low blood sugar?? hypoglacemia, but im sure someone ill correct me on that (brain fuzzy today)

its very scary ive been told, and i hope its just a once off.

Thanx T, my vet told me all that ,he also said it could be a one off ,so heres praying .

i have to keep a diary of lenth of time fits last & how often ,

It something i wouldnt wish on anyone ,extremly scary, cause not much you can do except ride it out .

My old dog was epileptic, it sounds horrible, but you learn to just sit with them and support them and it doesnt faze you after a while. My boy used to have fits lasting 3 mins and would sleep all day after, i know one was coming on because his character would change for about 2 weeks before.

Oh my OH is epileptic too, so maybe that is why i am so blazee (sp) about it.

My first poodle was an epileptic, he had really bad seizures that scared the hell out of me to start with. I could always tell when one was coming because he would get a glazed look and behave like he was in a trance.

He was diagnosed when he was about 2 years old (I got him at 4 1/2) he was put on phenobarb and did very well up until he was about 7-8, they did get worse over time he was PTS at 10.

He did have a wonderful life, it never stopped him from doing anything, I did however rarely leave him on his own (apart from going shopping) luckily he was able to come to work with me every day.

Thankyou all for your replys & links ,I have done so much reading My eyes r falling out !!,but there sems to be so much controversy,or maybe my brain is scrambled!!!;my vet says wait & see if he has any more episodes b4 medication is prescribed ,but others r saying I should in sist on mri ?i will consolt with my vet 2 moro re this ,but in the meantime ,advise in simple turms, please is still awaited.thankyou