Ahhh The Joys Of Ud....

Well, I saw some beautiful heelwork today. You should be very proud.

Too true! :laugh: Well done Rubystar!

And while we are here - Miss Caffy when are you going to do some obedience with Mr Snaz - he was a star today :laugh:

Oh and bring back Master Alex for his last UD leg?

And Maybe you should suggest that one of the rules changes for UDX should be to hold a dumbbell while balancing food on the dogs nose.......now theres a thought. :rofl:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah I think the UDX rules should contain a bread roll retrieve :laugh: . So you guys have been off hogging Sue guru all day have yah - naughty naughty. So Rubystar does this mean I can borrow some of it for Ness cos hers is shitty. At least though she has rediscovered she can actually play scent and into the bargain I had 3 lovely strong article holds with no mouthing and one she dropped at my feet she then immediately picked up without an additional command - guess thats what you call progress :rofl: .

Well, I saw some beautiful heelwork today. You should be very proud.

Too true! :laugh: Well done Rubystar!

And while we are here - Miss Caffy when are you going to do some obedience with Mr Snaz - he was a star today :laugh:

Oh and bring back Master Alex for his last UD leg?

And Maybe you should suggest that one of the rules changes for UDX should be to hold a dumbbell while balancing food on the dogs nose.......now theres a thought. :rofl:

Thankyou Ptolomy..I love your positive comments..they are always welcome:-)

And now we all know how to do the perfect retrieve aka Guru style.

Awww thanks guys :cool:

So Caffy, you're the owner of Snazzy(?) I was very impressed with what I saw!! :laugh:

Sally, as soon as we have some attention to spare I will be happy to share it with Ness - unfortunately, we've got a long way to go to get there with no food and no looking away! :laugh:

Speaking of scent, I did a full set with Ruby yesterday - success :rofl: And I got the hula hoop out first time in ages for some send aways and she jumped right in it and sat down :cool:

Edited by RubyStar

I just wish Kenzie could give a fraction of her attention and enthusiasm for heeling to Ness. We had an agility trial last night and I had Kenzie out doing a small amount - really wanted to do more but know I can't flog her while she is broken. I had to chuckle there were a few BC pups around and they were soo distracted whereas Kenzie has been the same as she has been all along. 100% committed to me and what we are tackling regardless of dogs barking, running, screaming etc Not bad considering she is a timid girl.

Her hoop sendaways are absolutely stunning :thumbsup: . She can find the hoop regardless of where its placed in the yard and regardless of the number of toys and agility equipment I have sprawled out all over the yard.

Congratulations on Ruby's scent and sendaways :thumbsup: . Got to get the old girl back out of the holiday mode and start flogging some gloves tomorrow since directed retrieving has always been a bit of a weakness.

Edited by ness

Nah Rubystar Ness use to be the same and she was flogged to hard to early :eek::cry: . Not going to make the same mistake with Kenzie and she is just a feral wild child :thumbsup: .

Although probably a fraction spoilt :cry: .

Edited by ness

Well done RS!!!! sounds like your training went well!!! :eek:

Well back at training yesterday for the first time in 2009!

Decided to give Leo a go working through some UD stuff with some assistance... Made it a lot easier than how it would have usually been in a trial as we are nowhere near that level yet :cry:

Little guy did me proud as punch. Did the seekback well, got a little confused the first time going out to the box (started to do a seekback again), but after that did it well and he is starting to understand directed jumping (which is great considering we only started last week!!!)... Ness I love your idea of littering the area with toys and getting the dog to run to the box... will have to try that this week!

Next was scent articles, which he did fine on wood and leather, but metal is still proving to be an issue.... lets hope he cottons onto it again soon :(

Heelwork was brilliant - he worked an absolute treat was up, peppy and responded immediately to all of the signals.... only need to get him more confident on the silent come (he tends to look at me as if to say 'what mum, did you say something?!" :cry:)....

Gloves still need work as we have not yet graduated from the food bowls. I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but he locks in just fine with the food bowls, but I can't get him to lock in on the gloves.... Ptolomy HELP!!!!

All in all I'm very pleased as this was a LOT of work for him to do in bursts yesterday :D

So.... maybe I won't quit just yet :cry:

ETA - might I add he also did a brilliant sendaway to the box even with a dog running in the ring :thumbsup:

Edited by leopuppy04

:cry: LP - the littering the ground with items was Ptolomy's idea and besides I am to lazy to clean up the yard before I train :eek: .

I had a similar issue with the gloves LP and Sue guru helped me out with that :cry: . Well actually I think it was a Sue guru/Ptolomy guru joint effort :thumbsup: .

I need to build some jumps so I can start some of this stuff, as well as the dumbell retrieve over solid jump. Anyone got any ideas how to make these things? I'm so NOT handy!!! :eek:

Edited to say, well done to LP and Leo, you guys sound like you're going great guns!! :thumbsup: When's the next video installment? :cry:

Edited by RubyStar

Guest PixieOfWrath

Yeah, hammer two star pickets into the ground, clip two foldback clips onto them and rest a thin pvc pipe on the clips :thumbsup:

:eek: hmm yeah I have the plans on my laptop for PVC ones although the jump cups are a bugger if you don't have any already. You can buy them online but they are pricey.

Do you mean buying the cups? If you can drag the dummies guide off your laptop that'd be great :cry:

Yeah, hammer two star pickets into the ground, clip two foldback clips onto them and rest a thin pvc pipe on the clips :thumbsup:

Up there for thinking!! :cry: