Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Hi Chatabox :)

Has anyone on here used the "clicker training" method???

Yes I use a clicker for shaping work - tricks mostly, and a bridge word for most other work.

I won't be doing MPW - it coincides with training. :thumbsup:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am definatley doing it just not sure where? Would love to go to Melb but not sure I will be able to pull it off at this stage.

Last year there was me and Sean, Janet and Andrew and Tim and Tanya, it was a good walk. It would be great if a few of us went again this year. Shan was in Scotland last year but she will be there this year.

Will defiantley let you know JJ, the more the merrier and I'm sure your kids and Tarni would love it too, lots of dogs all different shapes and sizes, they were all very well behaved last year!

At this stage I will more than likely be doing it in Warrnambool.

Lovely, Monah! :(

Are these in your backyard?

That is a Green Tree Frog (Litoria Caraulea) and an Eastern Bearded Dragon (Pogona Barbata). AND a very lovely Vizsla too! :eek:

I have Green Tree Frogs as well as Central (WA) Bearded Dragons (Pogona Viticeps) but I'd LOVE to have them running wild around here!

Thank you! :)

Edited coz I'm an idiot.

Edited by jerojath

Thanks for the ID.

Yep, loads of both 'running' around the garden. Loads of very tiny green frogs too, not baby big ones, tiny different type..

The vizsla runs wild too.. :)

I didn't realise that you're an idiot! Now I know... :birthday::cry::shrug:

Thanks for the ID.

Yep, loads of both 'running' around the garden. Loads of very tiny green frogs too, not baby big ones, tiny different type..

I didn't realise that you're an idiot! Now I know... :birthday::cry::shrug:

Am I Jealous? Damn straight! :birthday:

Thanks for the ID.

I didn't realise that you're an idiot! Now I know... :birthday::shrug::birthday:

Am I Jealous? Damn straight! :birthday:

We have had the odd 'escapee' in the house. That freaks the V's out enough! :cry:

Recently had Tarni 'bring' me a Green Tree Frog!

Was at Killarney this morning.

Lots and lots of dead Penguins about.

They were mostly covered up with sand but the dogs were digging them up one after another.

Others were laying right on top, so I'm guessing they didn't all wash up with the same tide.

Very sad. :laugh:

Oh poor little things, I love them, wonder what happened to them?

Monah, love the pics especially the vizzy one!

We have been lucky enough not to have spotted any snakes at my mums this time, I'm pRanoid with the ogs out and about.

Is it just me or has this year been a bad year for snakes? Do the have an official time of the year to hibernate?

Edited by tlc

Oh poor little things, I love them, wonder what happened to them?

Jonah, love the pics especially the vizzy one!

We have been lucky enough not to have spotted any snakes at my mums this time, I'm pRanoid with the ogs out and about.

Is it just me or has this year been a bad year for snakes? Do the have an official time of the year to hibernate?

tlc there is no 'good' time of year for snakes, in the sense that they don't actually hibernate as such, but they 'brumate', that is, they decrease their activity and conserve energy during cold periods, but don't go into a deep sleep like the way a bear does when it hibernates.

The problem with this is (for those who don't like snakes!) is that even in the middle of a very cold winter a snake will leave it;'s nest and become active on any warm day we may have.

So you can be pretty confident of not seeing any snakes on a really cool/wet day, but don't become complacent just because it is 'winter'.

Me, Chan and the two younger girls went snake hunting on Friday and Saturday, and despite being cool(ish) and overcast, we saw quite a few Copperheads, Tigers, and even an Eastern Brown out and about trying to find a patch of sun.

post-14146-1301836177_thumb.jpg

post-14146-1301836197_thumb.jpg

These guys were very nice and let me stand right over them for pics.

The second one gave me a fright, as when he heard the shutter 'click', he took off so fast he left the ground, via a lap of my foot! :winner:

I'm told the death's in birds are due to storms out at sea ???? it is sad but natural im told and the penguins are just so dam cute which makes it worse :winner:

Yeah there was an extraordinary amount of seaweed washed up too, so I reckon you're right there...

Lovely photos J. :laugh:

No cold weather here so snakes are always very busy. I wonder if that's why some (esp red bellies) get so huge, really really thick in the body!!

Terrible re the penguins :cheer:

we used to have nests of them under the house on KI. Lovely,...noisy :winner: but you get used to it and dont notice..

Firstly near the Bats Ridge caves, outside Portland,

and the others around Tower Hill. :thanks:

Hi All,

Does that mean if in the unfortunate event that i have a visiting snake i can call you? Because i don't like snakes and I'm not too keen on lizards or rats either.

Firstly near the Bats Ridge caves, outside Portland,

and the others around Tower Hill. ;)

Hi All,

Does that mean if in the unfortunate event that i have a visiting snake i can call you? Because i don't like snakes and I'm not too keen on lizards or rats either.

Yeah but don't call me for RATS!!! I really can't deal with them! :hug::thanks::(